Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Didn't get on at Everton or Arsenal. Has Emery said anything about why he's fit enough for the bench but not getting any minutes?

No he hasn’t. I reckon he’s on the bench because there is nobody else available. It’s just to fill it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why would Emery have to justify him not getting minutes?  His on the bench because there is nobody else available. It’s just to fill it. 

He's not saying he does have to justify it, he was just asking.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I had forgotten he was still on the books.

He gave us some good moments but I am not sure if he could play a part these days.

He made 37 apps, getting 7 goals and 7 assists, in a season when we finished 11th. We are currently.....11th....so I'm sure if he's fit and confident, he could play some part.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Seem recall checking Fbref when we signed Bailey and comparing defensive stats with Traore and Bailey was even worse so attacking wise can't see how Traore could be worse playing instead of Bailey

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure why we have recalled him if we have no intention of giving him any minutes?

If Emery moves one of McGinn or Ramsey to the middle to replace Kamara it may mean Buendia and Bailey both start, so he is handy to have on the bench.  Better than an empty seat, plus Emery will no doubt be working hard with him in training to get up to speed even if he isn't ready yet.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Emery moves one of McGinn or Ramsey to the middle to replace Kamara it may mean Buendia and Bailey both start, so he is handy to have on the bench.  Better than an empty seat, plus Emery will no doubt be working hard with him in training to get up to speed even if he isn't ready yet.

I can't see McGinn or Ramsey being moved into the central deeper roles tbh. I don't think he's played either there so far has he? McGinn maybe a little? I'd expect Dendoncker or Chambers (shudder at both) to come in.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure why we have recalled him if we have no intention of giving him any minutes?

Just cover on the bench really. Will get the odd sub cameo in next two months but he's not really a serious option to start unless we have injury crisis e.g. Ollie gets injured for six weeks.

Still getting over him not having his dreds anymore, will probably get on the pitch and start doing Konsa style safety first 5 yard passes back to the CMs instead of the delicious no look volleys across the 18 yard box he perfected in 20/21.

Â