Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

No, today was his 49th game for the club. If you're going to use stats, make sure you do your research.

Except in Turkey, for us and his last season in France. In other words, his stats have been poor for 4 seasons. I dont really care what he did before that. All that matters is what he's done and is doing for us.

Stats have been poor for four seasons? I think you should do your research. 20/21 he averaged a goal or assist every 167 mins for us. After that he had injury issues and had minutes here and there under Steven.

Even in his last season at France, his worst there for sure as his numbers were excellent before, he still averaged a goal or assist every 212 mins. So please do your research before claiming I should do mine. His stats weren't poor for the last four seasons and that's a fact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe neither of them are good enough ?

I'm more inclined to reluctantly agree with this.

However it seems we always have a tendency to need create a hero out of a Villan 

Just like how Sanson morphed into Totti the longer he was out and the shitter we were in the middle. Lol

If anything, I'd probably rather play Moreno as a Winger. He can beat a man, has skill, and can pass, just a bit weak at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

In 50 games. Pretty much the same as Bailey's numbers. Not good enough.

Bailey has 5 goals and 4 assists in 43 games

Traore 7 goals 7 assists in 46 games

Edited by Zatman

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And 21/22...he played 9 games...just 213 minutes...spread across 9 games! R-bear including these as if they were full 90s.

• Like 1

Looked slow and unfit. But he hasn't played for weeks and hasn't played in the PL for months. 

Despite that, he still managed to look more threatening than Bailey and looked like he would provide a threat if he can get his fitness up.

Let's hope Emery can get motivate him to work on that fitness as he's definitely not lost his vision or creativity. 

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But you factor in there were no crowds the season traore scored his goals. The football was less intense.

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Moved like a giraffe today.  After been out of prem for so long, he had to start somewhere and wasn’t the worst 20 mins.

Improvement from Bambi on ice 

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

But you factor in there were no crowds the season traore scored his goals. The football was less intense.

What about every other season where he's had very good goal contribution rates? Do they not count either? Even when he had limited minutes at Chelsea he was putting numbers up.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What about every other season where he's had very good goal contribution rates? Do they not count either? Even when he had limited minutes at Chelsea he was putting numbers up.

Nobody cares what he did 5,6,7 years ago for christ's sake.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nobody cares what he did 5,6,7 years ago for christ's sake.

My point is that writing him off as a bad player is in my opinion wrong. And his stats more or less everywhere he's been back that up.

• Like 2

How can people use number pf games without considering what was as a sub or where did he start? 
The thing with Traore, he can beat any player, he can be a threat against whoever. We need him to start against Bournemouth. Bailey shouldn’t start if he isn’t playing on the left. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was always going to be rusty after being injured and not playing for 2 and a half month. Not a long term solution imo but I'm fine with him given a couple games to see how he fares while Bailey is moved to the bench.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How can people use number pf games without considering what was as a sub or where did he start? 
The thing with Traore, he can beat any player, he can be a threat against whoever. We need him to start against Bournemouth. Bailey shouldn’t start if he isn’t playing on the left. 

Bailey has similar relative output goals+ assists on right vs left in Bundesliga. Slightly better on left 65 vs 38 games. Left or right is not the problem. I think the problem is in his head

Edited by Kiwivillan

Having slept on it, I actually think Traore was ok when he came on. I’d previously said he was poor but perhaps that was a bit harsh. I don’t think he did a lot wrong, in fact, he was a bit of a nuisance to them. Much, much better than Bailey. 

Is he the answer? Absolutely not. But fair play to him, he kept the ball reasonably well and he’s something a little different for defenders to manage. 

What this does do, is shine a light on just how poor Bailey is. Traore looked unfit, rusty - which you’d expect given he hasn’t played in a long time - and is just coming back from an unsuccessful loan spell in Turkey and he was still better than him. 

Bailey is lucky we have injuries to Coutinho and Kamara, as well as Traore being unfit because if they were not, he might not even make the squad given how amazingly sh*t he is every week. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Â