Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Simple fact is we could have done with him all season. He'd have been a good option and of course he will be well off it , he's been injured and playing in a retirement league.

What the purpose of sending someone we spent 15m and 65k a week on to Turkey when they are supposed to be hitting their prime ages, I do not know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Simple fact is we could have done with him all season. He'd have been a good option and of course he will be well off it , he's been injured and playing in a retirement league.

What the purpose of sending someone we spent 15m and 65k a week on to Turkey when they are supposed to be hitting their prime ages, I do not know.

Was a strange move. He’d have been better off in the championship! 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Are there quantifiable metrics that show football was less intense at the time? I feel like that's just something people bring up to support an argument.

Targett was good? 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Are there quantifiable metrics that show football was less intense at the time? I feel like that's just something people bring up to support an argument.

From the naked eye it seemed that way but I'm not trying to make any argument really, just putting it out there.  What matters is whether Traore can still produce these moments. Might as well give him a chance as Bailey isnt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I genuinely don’t know of to many who have went to Turkey on loan/sold and came back improved as a player 

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I genuinely don’t know of to many who have went to Turkey on loan/sold and came back improved as a player 

Who's saying he will have improved? Point is is he was good enough to contribute already.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who's saying he will have improved? Point is is he was good enough to contribute already.

My point is, why send him to Turkey?  It’s never going to benefit a player.  Only reason i can think of is to get wages paid and they have no future at club.  Obviously not the case with Traore

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

My point is, why send him to Turkey?  It’s never going to benefit a player.  Only reason i can think of is to get wages paid and they have no future at club.  Obviously not the case with Traore

Steven just wanted him out and at that time the club were willing to meet his demands. Now, Emery wants him around (at least for now).

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Steven just wanted him out and at that time the club were willing to meet his demands. Now, Emery wants him around (at least for now).

He would NOT look SG in the eye,so he had to go.

• Haha 1

He played pretty well when he came on. I'm open minded about Bailey and love Buendia, but I've seen them lose the ball over and over again at times. Bertie loses the ball once and then the people who always hated him can't wait to say he played shit—even though literally everything else he did looked effective (if a little slowly enacted—and one cross he did he definitely should have whipped it in earlier).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Shop window - contract is up next season.

20 hours ago, R.Bear said:

In 50 games. Pretty much the same as Bailey's numbers. Not good enough.

In like 29 matches worth of starts. He was injured msot of last season so I think it is unfair to count the less than 300 minutes he played because he wasn't fully fit and was rusty. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bailey has similar relative output goals+ assists on right vs left in Bundesliga. Slightly better on left 65 vs 38 games. Left or right is not the problem. I think the problem is in his head

Bailey is good but only as a left winger. It’s definitely a problem. 
Go to the stats of Bundesliga and you’ll find his best stats are when he’s playing left. It’s not only about stats for goals and assists. But the consistent threat.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He'd have been a good option and of course he will be well off it , he's been injured and playing in a retirement league.

Hey, Steven Gerrard is apparently off to manage a team in that league! :)

(I know he’s just on a sponsor junket really)

Edited by Adam2003

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Go to the stats of Bundesliga and you’ll find his best stats are when he’s playing left. It’s not only about stats for goals and assists. But the consistent threat.

I still think left or right is not his problem right now. I think JV said he lost a load of money in an investment scheme. Some else going on with him

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Tbh, his stats looks about the same to me either wing.

170 minutes per goal or assist on the left wing

170 minutes per goal or assist on the right wing.

He's had more total goals and assists on the left but that's primarily because he played more on the left than on the right at Leverkusen.

I love how he has so many different ways to beat a man, even when he's not particularly pacey, although he's not slow. That time when he put the cross in too early, when he beat the fullback then, he literally pushed the ball two yards in front of himself and was then completely past him. Makes it look simple.

• Like 2

I liked that he dragged his opponents to the corner flag. Even something simple like that can drag the shape of the defender out to have more space between the fullback and centerback for either Ollie or one of the attacking mids to exploit.

If nothing else - offers us a slight chance of pace from Bailey and Bertie at least did a good faith effort to get back and defend. When/if that stops, Unai will hook him as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Â