Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer before Gerard came in, the club signed Bailey and Buendia. Both played as the right sided attacker for their respective clubs. Traore played as our right sided attacker. That to me suggests we were looking to improve on him.

Don’t doubt he played a lot in the season before. 

I have nothing against Traore btw. I just don’t rate him very highly at all. As I’ve said, Grealish aside (world class), I don’t think we’ve had a top half standard wide forward player since we’ve been back in the PL. 

yes Smith played Bailey on the left and Buendia as an 8

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I think Watkins has done well and the team is doing well. We’ll strengthen in the Summer though and hopefully we won’t even lose the 1 😉

So there it is. You don't want some current players to improve under Emery because you don't rate them and don't stop telling everyone about it. Again pathetic

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer before Gerard came in, the club signed Bailey and Buendia. Both played as the right sided attacker for their respective clubs. Traore played as our right sided attacker. That to me suggests we were looking to improve on him.

Don’t doubt he played a lot in the season before. 

I have nothing against Traore btw. I just don’t rate him very highly at all. As I’ve said, Grealish aside (world class), I don’t think we’ve had a top half standard wide forward player since we’ve been back in the PL. 

Oh please stop with this it’s simply BS he is nowhere near world class that is laughable!

Just now, flamingsombrero said:

It's almost as if people might have different standards when applying a subjective label to player

giphy.webp

Back on topic... hopefully Emery can get something decent out of Bertrand, even if this is only happening because we couldn't get a deal over the line. Think he could actually fit quite well into how we are set up now.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is he fit to be on the bench tomorrow?

Just catching up with the press conference, everybody is available apart from Jed Steer, Diego Carlos and Bertrand. 

Diego and Bertrand are close to full training as far as I understand it but not yet ready for action. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

So there it is. You don't want some current players to improve under Emery because you don't rate them and don't stop telling everyone about it. Again pathetic

I’m not sure how you’ve jumped to this conclusion. I’d love our players to get better but some of them aren’t good enough for us to finish much higher than where we are now. Traore being one of them. That’s why they’ll be replaced in the Summer. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was arguably the best player in the best league in the world at the time. Off the back of which, the best team in the world with the best manager in the world spent £100m to take him away from us. If Grealish wasn’t world class the season before he joined City, I don’t know what world class is. What he’s done since and continues to do is irrelevant. 

Kamara is indeed a very good player, but not a patch on Jack at his best. Not yet anyway. 

You really can't know! He had a great season which helped us pull Man City's pants down. And Man City the best team in the world? How many European trophies do they have? 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah totally fair without comparing to other teams players. 36 is 10th in the league fewer than Kane, Salah and Zaha. 31 is the same as Son. 25 is one more than Fernandes.

Yes, surely needs context - disposessions as a percentage  of touches or similar.  Without this,  you might well say e.g. that Peter Shilton has a much higher number of top flight goals conceded than Orjan Nyland

• Like 1

Â