Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Isn't he injured/not match fit yet?

I don't want to enter the how good/how bad Bertie is debate. I will say comparisons between him and Bailey don't work at all on any level.

Would rather a player we spent 16/17 mil on and is probably commanding decent wages - is not rotting in a foreign league whilst we subsidise their wages for the benefit of another club, whilst their contract and value runs down.

I don't know what role he will play under Emery but if anyone can get a tune out of him, Uncle Unai can.

The Sultan of Unai will sprinkle his magic dust over him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t bring your arse into this… (insert Kenneth Gif here). 

Look, I don’t think he was excellent in his debut season. I thought he was very average and somebody we needed to improve upon. Probably why the club went out and spent 70m on two players who played in his position so it’s quite possible they agreed.

If he comes back here and smashes it, then, and only then, will we talk about your arse.

Good idea. Put his arse on the back burner.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Hahahaha we had to spend that money to replace our best player. Ffs. I give up.

I don’t really see your point. I agree we had to spend the Grealish money, I just found it odd we bought two right sided forwards and a striker when we didn’t play with 2 up front and we already had (according to you) the excellent Traore playing there? 

Not sure what you’re getting at? 

I’ll lay it out for you. We could have used the Grealish money a lot better. Ings was a panic signing and Bailey/Buendia have massively underwhelmed. I honestly doubt either will be starting for us next season. Bailey/Buendia were bought to replace Traore and Grealish, obviously because the club felt they could improve on Traore. Rightly so, as he isn’t up to much 90% of the time. 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t really see your point. I agree we had to spend the Grealish money, I just found it odd we bought two right sided forwards and a striker when we didn’t play with 2 up front and we already had (according to you) the excellent Traore playing there? 

Not sure what you’re getting at? 

I’ll lay it out for you. We could have used the Grealish money a lot better. Ings was a panic signing and Bailey/Buendia have massively underwhelmed. I honestly doubt either will be starting for us next season. Bailey/Buendia were bought to replace Traore and Grealish, obviously because the club felt they could improve on Traore. Rightly so, as he isn’t up to much 90% of the time. 

Isn't up to much 90% of the time? That is complete rubbish and I can't take your opinion seriously in the slightest anymore. I'm out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Isn't up to much 90% of the time? That is complete rubbish and I can't take your opinion seriously in the slightest anymore. I'm out.

Why do you think the club loaned him to Turkey and paid his wages, Tom? Do clubs do that with players they think are useful? 

The pair of you make decent points.

We never replaced grealish’s position.

But getting rid of a player that had scored or assisted 13 goals, and another player that had scored 10 ‘just because’ was a Gerrardism.

Im glad Traore is back.  Should never have been loaned out in the first place until we knew Bailey was fully settled in.  Gerrard should be shot for many things, this was another.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I want him to do well but he was plumbing it at Basaksehir, injured and not particularly playing well. Not even playing as well as El Ghazi at PSV!

There's a reason no one came for him and he could only get a loan out to Turkey. Let's hope he can play a few matches especially if Watkins or Bailey gets injured and pitch in a few of those wonder goals against those pesky low blocks that we can't break down.

Edited by DJBOB

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

I want him to do well but he was plumbing it at Basaksehir, injured and not particularly playing well. Not even playing as well as El Ghazi at PSV!

There's a reason no one came for him and he could only get a loan out to Turkey. Let's hope he can play a few matches especially if Watkins or Bailey gets injured and pitch in a few of those wonder goals against those pesky low blocks that we can't break down.

I’m all for it. Hope he makes me look stupid, but let’s not pretend he’s good enough for us. God, I remember his performance against Brentford last year and it was almost as bad as Baileys away at Fulham this year. 

It’s about time we actually bought a decent wide player. I don’t blame the club for Bailey. That seemed like a sensible signing at the time, it just hasn’t worked out to date as we’d have liked. I suppose he still has time to find consistency. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m all for it. Hope he makes me look stupid, but let’s not pretend he’s good enough for us. God, I remember his performance against Brentford last year and it was almost as bad as Baileys away at Fulham this year. 

It’s about time we actually bought a decent wide player. I don’t blame the club for Bailey. That seemed like a sensible signing at the time, it just hasn’t worked out to date as we’d have liked. I suppose he still has time to find consistency. 

That's funny because even Steven praised his performance against Brentford.

Just now, Tom13 said:

That's funny because even Steven praised his performance against Brentford.

Christ, he was woeful. One of, if not the worst individual performance from a player that season. To be fair, he was coming back from injury but he stunk the joint out for sure. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, he was woeful. One of, if not the worst individual performance from a player that season. To be fair, he was coming back from injury but he stunk the joint out for sure. 

Do you actually like any of our (attacking) players? 🤣

• Like 1

Â