Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey's left foot delivery and long range shooting is definitely superior to Traore. Bailey's right foot is also stronger than Traore's. If you don't see that's fine, but I do, and I'm sure many other do to. To me Bailey has been unfairly scapegoated by many, when he is currently our most productive forward since Emery's arrival.

For example in the last nine matches Bailey has arguably been Man of the Match is 3 if those games. Brentford, Man U, and Leeds games. That is 1 in 3 matches he plays a blinder and we win. A lot better then one good performance in 6.

I like Bailey even has his name on my Villa shirt, but there’s no reason why you can’t like both, Like I’ve posted twice already half of Traore’s goals in villa shirt have been right footed. And yes Bailey had been unfairly scapegoated .

• Like 3

His new hair looks way cool.

He hasn't been brought back to be as good as a new signing, or with the expectation that he will be guaranteed to be better than what we have.

So I don't think we need to build him up to be something he's not.

But calling him back was a good thing as he gives us the extra option that we needed

And has shown that he can provide goals and assists and guess what? Who knows with Emery's coaching might get even better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Couldn't disagree more. Also a huge contradiction saying 'he runs into people' but at the same time saying he has better decision making than Traore. Also, when Traore gets himself into dangerous positions, he generally makes good decisions.

He really doesn’t. But hey ho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Even though he’s scored half his villa goal with his right 

It’s so mad though. Like, when he needs to use it, he’s not bad with it, but if you watch him dribble, it’s like he’s doing everything in his power not to use it?!

As with every player since Emery took over, he deserves a totally clean slate. The previous manager was a charlatan and he was one of our better players under the manager before him. 

If anyone can get Bert to do the dirty side of the game to add to his flair, it's Emery. Let's just hope he can perform well for the remainder of the season, not just for the immediate needs of the club, but maybe we could get a decent fee for him if he's not in the manager's long term plans. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd love you to provide evidence of consistently poor decision making from Traore in dangerous areas.

I honestly, really can’t be bothered. That’s my opinion and you’re welcome to yours. I believe the reason the club shipped him out to Turkey whilst probably paying a high percentage of his wages is probably because he isn’t good enough. I’m also led to believe he struggled in Turkey too. 

He’s a funny player to watch but he makes the wrong decisions too often and isn’t fast enough/strong enough to make it as a PL wide player. Or certainly as a wide player for a club aspiring to break the top 8.

Ultimately, id bet my bottom dollar that this thread will be moved to other football in July this year and that Will be because Emery too has seen that he isn’t good enough and his decision making is poor. FWIW, I don’t even think he’s lazy and I think that’s an unfair criticism against him. He’s just simply not good enough. 

Traore does some scary stuff in our own half sometimes, but the flipside to that is he will try anything in the final third and never really panics. Think Emery will see him as a potential match winner.

Also his work rate is much better than people think.

• Like 1

I like him. He's just fun to watch. Do agree he does make a lot of poor decisions on the pitch and has games where he's a million miles off it. The truth is, if he was incredibly consistent with his decision making and performances he wouldn't be at this club. 

Kinda just have to take him for what he is, one minute he can frustrate the hell out of you and the next he does something amazing. Tis what it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a funny player to watch but he makes the wrong decisions too often and isn’t fast enough/strong enough to make it as a PL wide player. Or certainly as a wide player for a club aspiring to break the top 8.

Emery's system is a bit unusual though. He's played McGinn on the wing to good effect already. I reckon he has a plan with Traore that will surprise us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey's left foot delivery and long range shooting is definitely superior to Traore. Bailey's right foot is also stronger than Traore's. If you don't see that's fine, but I do, and I'm sure many other do to. To me Bailey has been unfairly scapegoated by many, when he is currently our most productive forward since Emery's arrival.

For example in the last nine matches Bailey has arguably been Man of the Match is 3 if those games. Brentford, Man U, and Leeds games. That is 1 in 3 matches he plays a blinder and we win. A lot better then one good performance in 6.

You do realise he has been absolutely dreadful for approx 90% of his game time don’t you?

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not exactly going to come out and say he’s sh*t is he!

But everyone who nailed their colours to the mast are going to double down no matter what he does, just like they did when he was doing well for us.

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s so mad though. Like, when he needs to use it, he’s not bad with it, but if you watch him dribble, it’s like he’s doing everything in his power not to use it?!

Bertie is by far the best dribbler in the side. Who cares if he doesn't use his right. He still beats his man, circles backs and beats him again then just for funsies does a rabona with his left when the right would have worked just to piss you off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m all for him coming back and smashing it, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that isn’t going to happen. More fool me if he does. 

In fact, I’d say El Ghazi would be better in this system than he would. He might be one that could surprise a few under Emery (not that he’s coming back). 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Confused 1

Â