Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just now, Rolta said:

What's the evidence? Is the evidence the excellent debut season he had with us?

No, presumably you're ignoring that and instead focussing on the injury-hit season he had with us, and then the opinion of some shitty charlatan of a manager who made pretty much only the wrong decision every time he had a decision to make, and who also didn't want to play with players who play in Traore's position.

'Overwhelming evidence' my arse!

Don’t bring your arse into this… (insert Kenneth Gif here). 

Look, I don’t think he was excellent in his debut season. I thought he was very average and somebody we needed to improve upon. Probably why the club went out and spent 70m on two players who played in his position so it’s quite possible they agreed.

If he comes back here and smashes it, then, and only then, will we talk about your arse.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Look, I don’t think he was excellent in his debut season. I thought he was very average and somebody we needed to improve upon. Probably why the club went out and spent 70m on two players who played in his position so it’s quite possible they agreed.

If he comes back here and smashes it, then, and only then, will we talk about your arse.

It is a weird phrase indeed and I kind of regret using it now.

The club buying Buendia and Bailey and leaving nobody to play on the left wing, so much so that we started the season with El Ghazi playing there is only evidence of what a shitshow we made of our transfers that summer. What a mess that was.

As it happens, Bertie was injured a lot, so having one more player on the right wing was a good idea.

Just now, Rolta said:

It is a weird phrase indeed and I kind of regret using it now.

The club buying Buendia and Bailey and leaving nobody to play on the left wing, so much so that we started the season with El Ghazi playing there is only evidence of what a shitshow we made of our transfers that summer. What a mess that was.

As it happens, Bertie was injured a lot, so having one more player on the right wing was a good idea.

Agree with all of that. Terrible transfer window. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hahahaha we had to spend that money to replace our best player. Ffs. I give up.

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m all for him coming back and smashing it, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that isn’t going to happen. More fool me if he does. 

I think anyone expecting him to do this is setting themselves up for a big disappointment. From my point of view, he just needs to be better than Bailey when Bailey has one of his off games and score the odd goal here and there.

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m all for him coming back and smashing it, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that isn’t going to happen. More fool me if he does. 

In fact, I’d say El Ghazi would be better in this system than he would. He might be one that could surprise a few under Emery (not that he’s coming back). 

El Ghazi had technique, but such a weak mentality. Every time he had a run of starts, he bottled it. He used to panic and hide. Traore doesn't panic.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the same. People are too fascinated with the numbers and are forgetting the numerous poor performances. Even El Ghazi scored 10 that season. 

He has a strange cult following. 

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think anyone expecting him to do this is setting themselves up for a big disappointment. From my point of view, he just needs to be better than Bailey when Bailey has one of his off games and score the odd goal here and there.

id quite happily settle for as good as Bailey. neither player comes with a high level of consistency, if they did then arguably theyd be playing for someone a bit higher up the table. When one is struggling, chuck in the other.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unai seem quite positive on him.

The fact that he also " pushed " to come back suggests he also feels he has more to offer and wants to have a crack at it with Unai.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's cut his hair. Send him back to Turkey at once.

Listen, the guy was actually sporting a prime Prince William-esque bald patch and was using that mane to cover it up. 

6 months in Turkey.... miraculously he has shaved it off to show a "full head of hair"... 🤔

Â