Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, ejs1111 said:

I like this option.  To the posters concerned with his tracking back and ability to play WB...  he won't be asked to do that.  UE plays a 442.  BT will be slotted in as one of the 2.  He's not a midfielder in this setup.  He is to compete with Bailey up top.  We now have 4 players up top competing for 2 spots (Watkins/Bailey/Traore/Duran).  That will be the pecking order I'm guessing for the rest of the season- then we re-evaluate in the summer.

Given all the midfielders that have left on loan I think we are 1 short personally.  I'm hopeful we bring in 1 for midfield.  Loan is fine honestly- just for cover in case of injuries.  We only have Kamara/Luiz/SJM/JJ/Donk/Emi/PC.  7 players for 4 spots.

Tbh my biggest concern is his ability to play football for more than around 5 minutes a game. But let’s wait and see how he gets on. 

• Like 2

https://fbref.com/en/players/c47541e0/scout/10728/Bertrand-Traore-Scouting-Report

These are his stats with us in his first season. Plenty good enough. He's historically not been very good off the bench. But he's a mercurial player and potentially could do a job. He also gives the option to rest Bailey or Watkins. Or take us into a more traditional 3 up top if we sub off Buendia and put Bailey wide left. 

• Like 1

Both him and Leon are extremely one footed though.

I wonder if there is some way we could have them in the same side to confuse the shite out of opposition lol.

As @Kiwivillan was always keen to point out, Berty has also played up front.

Leon left and Bertie right?

Leon has arguably done better for us on the Left i think.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

He did well for Ajax playing centrally. I think we’ll see him compete with Bailey for that drifting wide striker role. 

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/c47541e0/scout/10728/Bertrand-Traore-Scouting-Report

These are his stats with us in his first season. Plenty good enough. He's historically not been very good off the bench. But he's a mercurial player and potentially could do a job. He also gives the option to rest Bailey or Watkins. Or take us into a more traditional 3 up top if we sub off Buendia and put Bailey wide left. 

From a total of around 26 games worth of minutes. Makes his goals and assists numbers look even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ejs1111 said:

I like this option.  To the posters concerned with his tracking back and ability to play WB...  he won't be asked to do that.  UE plays a 442.  BT will be slotted in as one of the 2.  He's not a midfielder in this setup.  He is to compete with Bailey up top.  We now have 4 players up top competing for 2 spots (Watkins/Bailey/Traore/Duran).  That will be the pecking order I'm guessing for the rest of the season- then we re-evaluate in the summer.

Given all the midfielders that have left on loan I think we are 1 short personally.  I'm hopeful we bring in 1 for midfield.  Loan is fine honestly- just for cover in case of injuries.  We only have Kamara/Luiz/SJM/JJ/Donk/Emi/PC.  7 players for 4 spots.

Kamara is the biggest concern, as we don't have anyone else with the skillset to play the role he does if he gets injured. 

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd love to have him back and competing for a starting spot if he still had both his knees currently. 

Thought he had a serious injury and that's why he returned?

Back in 10 days apparently of available for selection I should say

Edited by gwi1890

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Kamara is the biggest concern, as we don't have anyone else with the skillset to play the role he does if he gets injured. 

He's our best outfield player too by some distance imo. So losing Kamara will be bad if it happens.

Edited by CVByrne

Â