Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

16 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Very sad JV - I have followed Villa for many,many years and I can say with any doubt, he is one of the most gifted players we have had.

inconsistent of course, mercurial, talented, mesmerising, absolute pleasure all rolled into one.

I will never forget what he did to De Bruyne or the goal at the baggies - I have always wanted to be entertained and Bertie can certainly do this. Imagine Bertie with James Milners approach ? 
very disappointed Gerrard can’t see his value in the match day squad 😞😞

spacer.png

On 12/08/2022 at 15:44, jim said:

I like Traore but do we overate him on here? If his only option is Turkey you have to ask the question why, surely other teams have scoured him? 

. I honestly think we're just bad at selling some of our players because we ask for too much. Like, when El Ghazi went to Everton, apparently the move was being held up because we tried to force an obligation to buy of about 12m on them. They ended up not taking it and now it would be a miracle if we get anywhere close to that but I do think it was possible to get Everton to purchase him outright had we asked for a lower fee.

Davis by all accounts was superb at Forest and there were even reports that he was destined to end up there so long as neither side were too stubborn about the fee. Now they've purchased an absurd amount of players yet still won't go for Davis. I feel like we were the ones being too stubborn with the fee and tried to force Forest to pay too much.

What about Guilbert? He is a very proven quantity in ligue 1. Been included in ligue 1 team of the seasons. Yet apparently no one at all is interested in getting him permanently and all we can do is loan him out season after season. Surely there must be some team out there who would want him if we had a low enough asking price.

Like, some of the players that play at the low end of the PL are really no better than our fringe players. You can't convince me otherwise on that. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

We buy players. Give up on them, destroy their value and end up paying wages to other teams most likely to loan them out. It's great business sense. Between Traore and Sanson thats what roughly £31m and 2 years later worth literally nothing. And fans wonder why we have less money than they expect left to spend 🙄

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Shit, I’m going to miss him. What a first season he had. A great option to have when fit and firing (had his fair share of injury trouble including surgery), supremely gifted and skilful. What an entertainer…

We seem to be getting light on options with some of these outgoings unless we’re bringing a few in…

Sanson and Traore leaving makes the squad weaker for now, all we seem to have on the bench is mostly defenders…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Shit, I’m going to miss him. What a first season he had. A great option to have when fit and firing (had his fair share of injury trouble including surgery), supremely gifted and skilful. What an entertainer…

We seem to be getting light on options with some of these outgoings unless we’re bringing a few in…

Sanson and Traore leaving makes the squad weaker for now, all we seem to have on the bench is mostly defenders…

Great clip

If Gerrard had no intention to play him there is no reason to keep him. I guess a new manager coming in might have but Traore unlikely to want to sit in the stands waiting for that to happen.

Another shrewd decision by Gerrard*

Traore is one of those players that you watch football for. Mercurial but brilliant when on form. One of my favourite villa players of the last 10 years.

* I don't like Gerrard being Villa manager. I will be hyper critical of any decision i disagree with. Unfairly in a lot of cases. Ok Traore doesn't fit into his system, but then again Gerrard's system is dogshit. So yeah I wish we had a manager that could fit Traore in the team 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

He has looked very good for us in the past, but it's been a while since he did and I think he was treading water with us. I don't think that we would have seen him at his best again, had he stayed and it's probably best he moved on for both player and club. 

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Another £20m wasted. Congratulations to all involved.

Let's hope he earns a permanent move next summer so we can claw some money back.

Who will be next on the "join for big money, leave for **** all" train?

Bailey?

Buendia?

Who knows.

Really good player. If we were hitting our head against the wall with Bailey he could have come on at 75mins and really changed the game tempo.

Shame, but best of luck to him! 

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted. What a player.

I've actually seen some fans saying he has no end product (wtf!) and putting him in the same bracket as Trez and AEG. Couldn't be more wrong.

Calmness and composure on the ball, unbelievable footwork, unique passing. Good luck man :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â