Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Was just like old times when he hit that blind halfway line crossfield pass straight to a Burnley player.

Fair to say Gerrard will avoid putting him on at any cost v Man. City unless we're a goal down with a minute left.

Wasted season.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

With 5 subs and us wanting to push up the league and challenge for cups, we'd be mad to sell him. 

Not sure. Gerrard has barely used him so he's behind Bailey, new attacking signing and probably Archer in terms of attacking bench options next season.

That said if our only offers are season long loans I'd keep him around until January and look at situation then.

On 19/05/2022 at 17:22, Sulberto21 said:

A maverick a maestro someone who plays the game in a different dimension. It’s like time slows down when the ball is at his feet. Even his lay offs are art. 

He and Grealish were two peas from the same pod...not afraid to take chances, exciting to watch because you never knew what they might try, fouled often. Sometimes they would fail spectacularly (Bert more often than Jack) but always entertaining.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I’ll miss him if he leaves, always felt like something unexpectedly good could happen no matter how poor he was playing. 

That's exactly the issue with him.  We need players that are consistent and are contributing every moment they are on the pitch. Not ones that give you some magic every now and then and go missing for large spells of a game.

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

That's exactly the issue with him.  We need players that are consistent and are contributing every moment they are on the pitch. Not ones that give you some magic every now and then and go missing for large spells of a game.

Good luck with finding a consistent winger who contributes every moment he's on the pitch

A winger like that would be worth £300m. Wingers and attacking players as a whole, are typically inconsistent

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has he left yet?

i think he's going to stay. just a gut feeling. i'll be surprised if many of the team who aren't already on loan leave. sanson and maybe luiz but that's it IMO

been given some time off the bench lately which indicates he's doing something right in training

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll be a little sad to see Traore leave, he’s got some unbelievable skill and seems a good lad. He’s provided some great entertainment but never consistently, I feel he needed a second season to settle in and find his best form, but that never happened with the injuries. I don’t think Gerrard wants him in his plans so I expect he’ll move on, and I’ll wish him good luck. 

Â