Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think this is all coming from Martinez, it's not like we haven't been here before...

We should be used to it.

Someone said £60 million, he must be worth more?

Collomoose has Villa sources, was firsr to break Bailey transfer

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

David Raya has 1 year left on his contract. We can be very smart about this if we have genuine interest in Martinez. We can bank a big profit and choose to have that in this year or next years accounts. 

Who would buy Emi though? Chelsea, he wouldn't join Spurs would he. United will stick with De Gea. Nobody else in market for one who could pay 60m+

Only open spots are Spurs (who wont pay another 200k a week to a keeper along with Lloris. Forster and Hart have been recent back up goalies) United and Atletico who both have keepers with expiring contracts

Oblak is the key, his decision could open the market with Emi, Bono, De Gea, Sommer and maybe Kepa/Mendy on the move.

Emi will be probably the most expensive but I dont think is worth it financially

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Only open spots are Spurs (who wont pay another 200k a week to a keeper along with Lloris. Forster and Hart have been recent back up goalies) United and Atletico who both have keepers with expiring contracts

Oblak is the key, his decision could open the market with Emi, Bono, De Gea, Sommer and maybe Kepa/Mendy on the move.

Emi will be probably the most expensive but I dont think is worth it financially

Atletico can't afford Emi. United seem to be keeping De Gea. What Oblak does will be interesting. I just can't see Atletico being able to afford Emi if he leaves

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Atletico can't afford Emi. United seem to be keeping De Gea. What Oblak does will be interesting. I just can't see Atletico being able to afford Emi if he leaves

Simeone is also leaving so Atletico might change tactical policy

It's a shame we don't have a decent number 2  cos I would bench him. Not sure what use he will be for the rest of the season if he can't keep his feet on the ground.

Was he this desperate to play champions league when Arsenal stuck him out on loan to lower leagues. 

Needs to be careful his head doesn't get too big for the goals 

I think the reaction to Emi is a bit overblown. The guy seems a nice lad off the pitch, a family man embracing the area, seemed fully invested in Villa after moving and even gave an exit interview at Arsenal which not many players would agree to. 

I think the aftermath of the world cup has got to his head but that's bound to happen when you've gone from thinking you'll never be number 1 to winning the world cup in 2 years. That kind of turnaround is unheard of for a player of Martinez age. I also think the departure of Cutler has influenced his attitude. 

For me, stick with him, get his head screwed back on and do a similar agreement to the Grealish situation. You can go, but this is the price, this is the time that you need someone to pay it by and you can't announce a departure until we've bought a replacement in and Purslow has recorded an apology video at Villa Park with the new crest and home kit pinned up behind him, whilst also announcing a shirt sponsorship with Cadburys

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It's a shame we don't have a decent number 2  cos I would bench him. Not sure what use he will be for the rest of the season if he can't keep his feet on the ground.

Was he this desperate to play champions league when Arsenal stuck him out on loan to lower leagues. 

Needs to be careful his head doesn't get too big for the goals 

Genuinely what has he done to be benched? He went up for a 97th minute corner thats all

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

https://fb.watch/iQVrY4MOhZ/

Not sure how to properly embed this properly but Cuts and Foster not happy with Emery reaction AND the reception, or lack thereof, for Emi on his return from the World cup

There is something in this. You saw the big reception macallister for when he returned to Brighton or even Dougie when he came back with the Olympic gold. I didn't see any big celebration at the club for him, which I thought was strange at the time.  The fans didn't even make a big effort to celebrate.

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

There is something in this. You saw the big reception macallister for when he returned to Brighton or even Dougie when he came back with the Olympic gold. I didn't see any big celebration at the club for him, which I thought was strange at the time.  The fans didn't even make a big effort to celebrate.

I thought he had his own walkout prior to one of the matches?

• Like 1

For me the context of Emery’s conversation with the reporter after the match has been lost. He was asked by the reporter wasn’t him bringing it up to throw Martinez under the bus.

He said he didn’t tell Martiniz to go forward or never asked a keeper to go forward becuase of the stats involved. Then went on about not being happy with the team performance.

Maybe there’s other interviews I haven’t seen, but IMO he just didn’t feel it was necessary and in line with a few players making decisions during the game that don’t reflect his game plan.

As much as I love Emi, if someone wants to throw silly money at the club to sign him and Emery gets GK that suits his style of play, bye Emi, especially if he wants CL football.

• Like 1

Â