Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Find the last few pages hilarious. He's under contract to 2027. He might get a move in summer of 2025 at the earliest I'd say. 

He deserves to play for a top club if we've not progressed enough in next two seasons. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Find the last few pages hilarious. He's under contract to 2027. He might get a move in summer of 2025 at the earliest I'd say. 

Why hilarious? If he wants to move he will. Played power is everything in football. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Why hilarious? If he wants to move he will. Played power is everything in football. 

It's hilarious because if we don't want to sell him why would we? Kane has wanted to leave Spurs and where does he currently play football? If we want to keep him he stays. It's really really simple

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I think he should give us another season at least and see where we are. 

It's really not up to him. He's under contract. He'll have to follow what Kane and Rice have to do and run down to last 2 years or last year before they can get their move. 

This idea that clubs are just powerless to keep players under contract is nonsense. If someone wants to pay a crazy price for him we can sell him. Otherwise we just sell him for market value when he has 2 years left on his contract

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They don't keep both. They sell the other one and the gap between fees is manageable. 

Great but of them mentioned alone, none of those clubs are going to swop their keeper for Emi.  You also have the same problem as Emi leaving us, if that keeper is as good as Emi, which they are roughly then who’s buying them for that huge fee?  Again, almost no club who can afford a big fee is looking for a keeper.  

So let’s say City want Emi, whose going to pay a huge fee for Ederson?  Let’s say in an alternate reality that Liverpool say yes, they do.  Then Emi to City, Ederson to Liverpool then who pays the huge fee for Alisson.  I just don’t see the chain here to make it work for most of the big clubs because certainly neither of those two keepers would come to us.

• Like 1

The only way he goes is if he runs his contract doen to a couple of years, then we will be forced to sell.

He is a great keeper but he is not brilliant with the ball at his feet, which is what most big teams want.

There will be better value for money options available if a vacancy comes up at a team able to get him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The only way he goes is if he runs his contract doen to a couple of years, then we will be forced to sell.

He is a great keeper but he is not brilliant with the ball at his feet, which is what most big teams want.

There will be better value for money options available if a vacancy comes up at a team able to get him.

On the one hand, yes I agree with you that they would be better value for money options for them than Emi.

On the other hand, never underestimate the value of a "big name" in the market. We've seen time and time again how clubs will tend to spend big on players purely because of it regardless of other concerns.

• Like 2

Pickford's distribution is terrible and would not fit Unai's passing game out from the back at all.

It would be such a terrible lazy signing im confident we would have made if Gerrard was still here but thankfully i can't see Unai sanctioning it and us bringing him in thank god.

If Emi leaves I'd rather take a punt on a la liga keeper for a fraction of what Pickford would cost or go all out and get David Raya from Brentford instead.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Great but of them mentioned alone, none of those clubs are going to swop their keeper for Emi.  You also have the same problem as Emi leaving us, if that keeper is as good as Emi, which they are roughly then who’s buying them for that huge fee?  Again, almost no club who can afford a big fee is looking for a keeper.  

So let’s say City want Emi, whose going to pay a huge fee for Ederson?  Let’s say in an alternate reality that Liverpool say yes, they do.  Then Emi to City, Ederson to Liverpool then who pays the huge fee for Alisson.  I just don’t see the chain here to make it work for most of the big clubs because certainly neither of those two keepers would come to us.

Chelsea, United and Tottenham may be in for a keeper this summer without looking at any foreign clubs.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's hilarious because if we don't want to sell him why would we? Kane has wanted to leave Spurs and where does he currently play football? If we want to keep him he stays. It's really really simple

I think Kanes only still at Spuds because nobody made a sensible offer to be honest. Wasn't it him or Grealish to Citeh that summer, but not both?

If someone made a sensible offer for Emi he's gone in my opinion. Not saying we'd be looking to sell, but everyone has a price, and if that coincides with the player wanting to move, there's little to stop it unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Â