Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Its funny how many football watchers are complaining about the time wasting, yet totally overlooking the world class save in the first half.

I was absolutely chuffed with how professional he was all game.  Totally in control of his environment. That save but also that claim for the ball in the second half  . Both bits reminded me of prime Schmeichel.  Such a big man bur with cat like reflexes and athleticism. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If we're honest and if refs had any balls he should have been sent off for time wasting.

Refs will always take the easy option and just book keepers in the 92nd minute when game is nearly over. Same happens when Pope is wasting time for Newcastle.

24 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I was absolutely chuffed with how professional he was all game.  Totally in control of his environment. That save but also that claim for the ball in the second half  . Both bits reminded me of prime Schmeichel.  Such a big man bur with cat like reflexes and athleticism. 

I loved that. Leeds corners were s*** all game. So start of second they attempt a long diagonal to back post and Emi just casually strolls through half their team to collect it easily.

Guy is walking on air currently. Long may he continue doing that for many years. We need to start playing him in the cups next season.

15 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

He needs a proper chant.

Guy won the World Cup ffs, and **** a golden hand in front of a sheikh.

Surely there's enough material. 

Ow, he's a Sh*t.... House
He's mighty mighty
He's running the clock right out

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Its funny how many football watchers are complaining about the time wasting, yet totally overlooking the world class save in the first half.

It’s amazing how many football watchers don’t understand that the 8 minutes added on at the end more than made up for it.  If emi wants to chill a little before kicking the ball, let him chill a little before kicking the ball.

• Like 2

I think Emery had a word with hiM about when to release the ball as well as he waited right until the pressing player was right on him to release it meaning they had a bigger gap to chase to get to Mings/Konsa. Really noticed it yesterday and it helped beat the press. 

Still a work in progress playing out from the back but I saw a definitely improvement. 

His game management really doesn’t bother me, he knows where the line is, other players have done it to us for years. Looked like a player with full confidence and it resonated to the back 4 and rest of the team. Feel like making him captain was the final piece of the jigsaw for him. Love him. Best keeper we’ve had since the 90’s

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I just don't want to be hypocritical. I hate time wasting. I hate when teams come to VP and I spent money to watch them spend 20 minutes of the game taking dead balls and throws.

Do I love Emi? Yes. Do I secretly deep down want him to do this yesterday? Yes.

I was muttering to myself kill the game lads. Like I was against Stevenage. Kill the game take the replay.

But....but.....but.....Emi should have been sent off yesterday. He knows the line because there is no line. The ref wasn't going to do it. He took the piss. Took the piss some more. Took the piss some more. Got booked. Then continued.

It's not Emi. It's all football. At some point a precedent needs to be set.

Â