Emiliano Martínez

hippo

If he wants to leave at any point (now or summer or whenever), he'll have his suitors and we'll do a deal. We've made a history of opting to cash in, instead of holding a player to their contract when they're looking for a move. Versus, say, the likes of Spurs, who inexplicably manage to hold on to the likes of Kane and Son year after year. 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Like Emi's going to be looking for a cuddle from a bald soft belly type.. You wish, hahaha. 

Hey, don't be so sure. I make up for what I lack in body with brains, talent, and grace. And humility. Lots of that.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Can't believe so many pages dedicated on whether Emi cheated o being unsportsmanlike; when Kane dived to win a peno of course is call 'cute'.

I’m not sure cute is the word, but the first two letters are correct and in the right place and the third letter is right but in the wrong position. 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

If he wants to leave at any point (now or summer or whenever), he'll have his suitors and we'll do a deal. We've made a history of opting to cash in, instead of holding a player to their contract when they're looking for a move. Versus, say, the likes of Spurs, who inexplicably manage to hold on to the likes of Kane and Son year after year. 

we do? Under this ownership we lost one big player because he had a release clause

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Similarly, we've also got a history of failing to cash in when a player's stock is highest. 

The big difference is I would 100% expect this set of owners to use that to expand and improve the squad with a systematic plan....whereas in the past we'd have just cashed in and ended up with Kiraly. 

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wasn’t that thrust aimed at the French fans? 

It was aimed at a load of Arsenal fans who said he was shit anyway and Ramsdale is a better keeper and Emi's career is finished joining us.

Oh and yes, french fans. He said so himself as a reaction to them booing him

Edited by stewiek2
  • Thanks 1

Martinez for president.

His actions are shithousery and the ref should have done something about it however they aren't anything like the regular shit that goes on in the sport and boundaries are meant to be pushed. Notice how the French don't seem overly concerned with it? (Unless I have missed something)

18 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Martinez for president.

His actions are shithousery and the ref should have done something about it however they aren't anything like the regular shit that goes on in the sport and boundaries are meant to be pushed. Notice how the French don't seem overly concerned with it? (Unless I have missed something)

You did miss something. He got a punishment, he got a yellow. 

18 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Martinez for president.

All these people slating Martinez for gamesmanship make me laugh.

Im sure next time Villa play Everton Emi is gunna be gutted when Pickford tells him how good it was to win the FairPlay award. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Who have we cashed in on since new owners came in? Clause was met for Grealish. The club had no choice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

You lost me with the sportsmanship angle. Was his pelvic thrusts childish, yes, but sometimes people revert back to childish behaviour when as children we dreamt of these moments.

He is one of the main reasons Argentina were in the final and won the World Cup. Most pundits have glossed over it becuase he’s not at a Real Madrid or other. But he made bid saves in important times through the tournament and won two matches on penalties including the final.

Most people want to sit back and criticise his antics, which for all purposes are a release of the tension from the psychological level he was at to save those penalties. I get it that people don’t like it, but they will never be in that moment and be judged by their actions.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. And he's entitled to act a clown. I like Emi a lot, he's a goofy nutter and a brilliant goalkeeper. We are lucky to have him. 

I just think he should be a little less disrespectful in victory and when making big plays. The optics aren't great and if he wasn't Villa, more people on here would agree with me. 

As for the Qataris and Infantino and Beckham deserving more criticism, yeah, obviously. They are completely separate from Emi's antics.

• Like 1

Â