Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Shithousery is one of those things that we hate if the opposition are doing it, and love if it’s one of our own. So I get why people have a moan, but I don’t understand why the tweet singles out keepers. 

It happens all over the pitch every single week in every single football match. Should we ban managers making a 90th minute substitute when their team are holding on to a slim lead? Should we ban players running the ball to the corner flag after say the 90th minute? Maybe any player that pretends to take a throw before deciding to leave the ball for his pal should also be banned? 

There might be some fans that agree with all of those suggestions, and I have no issue with that if we could eradicate it all, but we can’t.

If Mr Rushden wants to point his arrow at one particular target, maybe it should be the referees that should stopping theirs watches. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Shithousery is one of those things that we hate if the opposition are doing it, and love if it’s one of our own. So I get why people have a moan, but I don’t understand why the tweet singles out keepers. 

It happens all over the pitch every single week in every single football match. Should we ban managers making a 90th minute substitute when their team are holding on to a slim lead? Should we ban players running the ball to the corner flag after say the 90th minute? Maybe any player that pretends to take a throw before deciding to leave the ball for his pal should also be banned? 

There might be some fans that agree with all of those suggestions, and I have no issue with that if we could eradicate it all, but we can’t.

If Mr Rushden wants to point his arrow at one particular target, maybe it should be the referees that should stopping theirs watches. 

Argentina are the masters of shithousery, Emi is only doing what's in his DNA.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

If we score 4 goals in the first 20 minutes.....its all a moot point.

simples.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Will Emi be the first Villa Player to win the World cup.....should Argentina win it?

According to a stat I just read, he's the first active Villa player to play in a final... so I'm guessing yes!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we score 4 goals in the first 20 minutes.....its all a moot point.

simples.

Haha. Mate I can’t remember if it was the Brentford game, or the UTD game, but I remember Emi play acting in one of them with a couple of minutes left and I burst out laughing and said to the guy  who sits next to me at VP ‘someone tell him the games already won’ 

like @dukes said above. I guess it’s just different cultures. 

Edited by av1

I hope all these rumours about him leaving is just BS.

Juventus are being Investigated, so I can't see any business there.

Emi, is very Loyal too.....I think he is very happy at Villa.

PS my grand kids were playing with his kids at Ash end House Childrens Farm recently, and had their photo taken with him....they said "what a nice man"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I hope all these rumours about him leaving is just BS.

Juventus are being Investigated, so I can't see any business there.

Emi, is very Loyal too.....I think he is very happy at Villa.

PS my grand kids were playing with his kids at Ashen Farm recently, and had their photo taken with him....they said what a nice man.

I don't think there is any truth in them.

Juventus could be playing lower league football very soon.

And the whole fall out with Emery thing is BS.  Martinez was one of the only Arsenal players to post a thank you message on social media when Arsenal sacked Emery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

From what I saw at United I would doubt it. He looked utterly shite. Kalinic levels.

He was decent against Chelsea, made a couple of very good saves and gathered well. 

Friendly though, so could be a temperament/confidence thing?

Edited by Steero113

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He was decent against Chelsea, made a couple of very good saves and gathered well. 

Friendly though, so could be a temperament/confidence thing?

Or could just be the lot of a goalkeeper, make a save it’s your job, make a mistake you’re shit. Unfortunately he has been labelled as shit by some and has no chance of turning it around, it’s something Villa players have to accept.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think there is any truth in them.

Juventus could be playing lower league football very soon.

And the whole fall out with Emery thing is BS.  Martinez was one of the only Arsenal players to post a thank you message on social media when Arsenal sacked Emery.

I  think its likely though that big bids are going to be coming in for him after his semi final performance and if he has a good game in the final i could see some big offers coming in for him.

The good thing fir us though is i think i read he has a contract until 2027 so we have the power and demand a huge fee if he says i want to go.

The other thing going for us all the top sides in england city spurs Liverpool chelsea etc all have top keepers so they dont need a keeper.

Bet arteta is absolutely kicking himself sellling him to us for a measly 20m

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Says a lot about a person that - when faced with all that's wrong with modern football - this is the "new law" they'd advocate for.

Says more about people who think that he means it sincerely IMO.

It’s obviously a joke.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Says a lot about a person that - when faced with all that's wrong with modern football - this is the "new law" they'd advocate for.

He’s just making a joke. He’s a comedy-based presenter saying a silly semi-ironic thing. We might think the joke hasn’t landed but no point thinking about it beyond that. 

Edit: @sparrow1988 just said a similar thing, sorry, will teach me to read to the end of the thread!

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I  think its likely though that big bids are going to be coming in for him after his semi final performance and if he has a good game in the final i could see some big offers coming in for him.

The good thing fir us though is i think i read he has a contract until 2027 so we have the power and demand a huge fee if he says i want to go.

The other thing going for us all the top sides in england city spurs Liverpool chelsea etc all have top keepers so they dont need a keeper.

Bet arteta is absolutely kicking himself sellling him to us for a measly 20m

Elite goalkeeper don't tend to move around that much, and there are not many that could afford Martinez currently.

The PL teams don't need a keeper, PSG, Real, Barca don't need one.  Don't think the Italian teams or Atletico could afford him.  The only one I could see is Bayern after Neur injury, but think they are going to go for Livakovic.

He's not going anywhere unless he kicks up a fuss and wants to leave. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Elite goalkeeper don't tend to move around that much, and there are not many that could afford Martinez currently.

The PL teams don't need a keeper, PSG, Real, Barca don't need one.  Don't think the Italian teams or Atletico could afford him.  The only one I could see is Bayern after Neur injury, but think they are going to go for Livakovic.

He's not going anywhere unless he kicks up a fuss and wants to leave. 

Seems he is being linked with spurs today. Lloris is 36 so yeah they will be on lookout for him. I dont think spurs could afford him and i dont think he woukd be interested going there woth his links at arsenal too.

But i agree cant see many clubs paying what we would want for him luckily enough. I think the Moroccan keeper is going to be in high demand and a lot cheaper

• Like 1

Â