Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

We're lucky to have a player with this personality.

A complete word removed when he wants to be, but he's our word removed.

I love his passion....about time we had one like this, give me a team full.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What if England get to the final and it's against Argentina? Imagine a penalty shootout against our keeper? That's a real conflict of interest for me. 

Not at all. England to win easy. Emi is playing for Argentina at the mo, not us.

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

wonder who this was to 🤣

It was right at Van Gaal and the Dutch bench. Seems they really riled the Argies with some pre-match comments.

He's a real animal with Argentina. Total lunatic. He could come back public enemy #1 if there's some antics in a potential England final.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It was right at Van Gaal and the Dutch bench. Seems they really riled the Argies with some pre-match comments.

He's a real animal with Argentina. Total lunatic. He could come back public enemy #1 if there's some antics in a potential England final.

Nicolas Otamendi: “I celebrated in face because there was a one Netherlands player, who at every penalty kick we had, was coming and saying things to one of our players. The picture was taken out of context, and we celebrated in response to it."

I'm sure the Argies were doing more than their fair share of winding up also though.

Edited by Tom13

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

What if England get to the final and it's against Argentina? Imagine a penalty shootout against our keeper? That's a real conflict of interest for me. 

Was thinking exactly the same. 

We love the shithousery when he's in a villa shirt but not sure we would like a taste of it in the world cup final. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done wrong? He is a bit arrogant but has never done anything really wrong in the game and arguably an honourable man for his dedication to playing youth players whatever club he was at

I think quite a few high profile players have had issues with him and his coaching style. Certainly, more than other coaches.

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Worst case scenario for us. If he loses a World Cup final he’ll come back devastated. If he wins it for Argentina he will be booed at every ground Alpay-style. However I am 90% sure France will smash us so it’s likely irrelevant and, anyway, is just life. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Would he play on boxing day if Argentina got to the final? Usually youd have a couple of weeks break after a major tournament, especially playing all the way to the final.

Yes. Have you seen Robin Olsen play?

We’d play Martinez with a broken leg over him.

• Like 3

Â