Emiliano Martínez

hippo

17 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Because we have the confused emoji to do all the heavy lifting for us. Think it gets the message across just fine.

Not really, I think its a bit of a cop out. Its actually ironically confusing as to what you are confused about.

Do you not understand the point? are you confused that you think he's not good enough? Is it you don't think others will be interested? Or is it that you don't think this will have any bearing on it.

Just ask the question. 

Edited by Nigel

Good lad, our last representative in the world Cup steals the headlines.

Far from being a negative, I highly doubt we would sell him, it creates more exposure for Aston villa which may help with previously unobtainable players suddenly being more inclined to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think so. He loves it at Villa and it was his move to Villa and regular football that got him into the Argentinian squad and into a Copa America winning team and now a WC semi final. I think he will be loyal to that

We're ok for a while IMO

I'd hope so too, however just can't help think that the pressure will start to mount

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think so. He loves it at Villa and it was his move to Villa and regular football that got him into the Argentinian squad and into a Copa America winning team and now a WC semi final. I think he will be loyal to that

We're ok for a while IMO

I think we're OK until 2024 when de gea's daft contract runs out and utd start a GK merry go round

Summer 2023 will see Oblak move but atletico won't spark several of them moving around like de gea will

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think he's had a poor World Cup overall, but he stood up yet again in the shootout. 

Argentina conceded the least amount of goals in the group stages, he then saves 2 pens in the next game. I would say he's 

2 world class saves. One to his left one to his right. Never got near the others but had done his job. 

Big personality in the big moments. Never crumbles. Thats what concerns me more than his actual 90 mins goalkeeping ability. Its the ability to come up with the goods in high pressure situations that will attract the big teams. Thats 2 tournaments in a row he has won a shootout for argentina.

He is going to become a superstar in Argentina now. 

We will have to fight off interest for sure . But that will be easily done. 5 and a half years left on his contract means it will be a huge fee needed. Upwards of 75 mill. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

you squander a 2 goal lead in a foul-tempered 140 minute football match, get thrust into the most stressful, high-pressure situation in any sport, and your goalkeeper is just suddenly this cackling, dancing maniac who eats penalty takers' souls like they're bar snacks

He really is in his element in a shootout. He was even grinning when the Netherlands scored. Absolute madman.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

But that will be easily done. 5 and a half years left on his contract means it will be a huge fee needed. Upwards of 75 mill. 

A good point!

Edited by Nigel

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

2 world class saves. One to his left one to his right. Never got near the others but had done his job. 

Big personality in the big moments. Never crumbles. Thats what concerns me more than his actual 90 mins goalkeeping ability. Its the ability to come up with the goods in high pressure situations that will attract the big teams. Thats 2 tournaments in a row he has won a shootout for argentina.

He is going to become a superstar in Argentina now. 

We will have to fight off interest for sure . But that will be easily done. 5 and a half years left on his contract means it will be a huge fee needed. Upwards of 75 mill. 

Exactly. How much was Kepa again??

Â