Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems to be gutted, perhaps upset with Cutlers exit.

Hoping we’ve not alienated our best player.

They’ve spent their whole careers seeing coaches come and go and know the same can happen to them. He’ll be fine, he might be sad to see a mate change jobs but they are used to it.

On 31/10/2022 at 22:09, Pinebro said:

Can only be a positive. Unless they are on bad terms 

After Emery was sacked at Arsenal in November 2019, Martinez was one of the few Arsenal players to issue a statement of his own. The shot-stopper even apologised in light of the decision, writing: "Thank you @UnaiEmery_ and Javi [assistant coach] I’m sorry we let you down, it’s our fault for not performing the right way, I’m sure we will meet again."

Sounds like they are on good terms, I reckon Emi will be made captain at some point.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 3

Argentine FA wanted him released early head of the World Cup so he could play a friendly.

They're like panto villains at that FA, everything they do is so unreasonable and makes them so deeply unlikeable as an organisation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Argentine FA wanted him released early head of the World Cup so he could play a friendly.

They're like panto villains at that FA, everything they do is so unreasonable and makes them so deeply unlikeable as an organisation.

I don't see a problem with that. Looking after own interests to try win silverware

On 31/10/2022 at 15:48, Villaphan04 said:

I also have a friend who played American football and ended up medically retiring due to multiple concussions. 

Head injuries are extremely serious, and it really makes my blood boil when people don't take them seriously. They can be life-altering injuries & I still am disappointed with our medical staff. You just can't take any chances today with head injuries. 

I had a concussion from a bad tackle in Rugby, weren't too bad, just a sore head for a couple of days, felt a bit disorientated and sick.

Played again the following week, got another bang to the head (nothing major) but carried on playing, felt fine. I collapsed walking to the car after the game, ended up spending 3 days in Worcester Royal.

The doctor explained to me, a concussion itself isn't necessarily devastating, but a concussion on top of a concussion can have life changing repercussions. For Emi, if he had a concussion he should be absolutely nowhere near that pitch on Sunday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I don't see a problem with that. Looking after own interests to try win silverware

It's unreasonable to expect us to release our only decent goalkeeper ahead of a critical match when we are in a relegation dogfight and we are the ones paying him a salary, not them.

They had to have known we'd refuse. Why bother really 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

they've also then got a history of being overly influential in terms of squad and team selection meaning that like we saw with the corona stuff previously Emi (x2) are in a shit position and can't simply give the answer that we all want them to

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's unreasonable to expect us to release our only decent goalkeeper ahead of a critical match when we are in a relegation dogfight and we are the ones paying him a salary, not them.

They had to have known we'd refuse. Why bother really 

Why would you not chance your arm? If you dont ask you dont get

People said similar about hiring Emery that he wouldn't be interested

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

To be fair, it's not like a goalkeeper experiences fatigue like outfield players do. Sure, a week's break would help, but I don't think it's a game changer for a goalkeeper. 

Physical fatigue, unlikely but as a human being they're all susceptible, like the rest of us, to mental fatigue.

Self doubt, stress, lack of confidence....

Edited by DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Physical fatigue, unlikely but as a human being they're all susceptible, like the rest of us, to mental fatigue.

Self doubt, stress, lack of confidence....

Sure, but who's to say if a week off before world cup will do him well or not. 

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

notably absent in the training video. maybe still not quite right?

If Emi's following the return to play concussion protocol, he's not permitted to take part in full contact practice until tomorrow, and that's assuming he didn't report any issues on his graduated return since Monday (protocol for the day after concussion is no activity at all).

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disappointing if he missus Sunday. Have no confidence in Olsen at all. 

I'm sure Emi will be disappointed and has little confidence in Olsen and his missus. 

• Haha 1

Â