Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

They are - we're going to have to be very careful for bookings for these two this season - they're currently almost irreplaceable in the side.

Especially Luiz, who IMO is second only to Grealish in importance.

• Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully we see the fit version of McGinn tonight. Adds so much to our play when he’s on it. Really missed that since his injury. Still looks a bit chunky to me

He was starting to bloom in the last 4 games of

last season.

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Can't argue with the team.

Only issue i have is guilbert should be in there as a sub.......cant believe we think elmo is the backup for RB.

Why ? - He did well there post lockdown - Guilbert only got back in when he got injured.  Elmo\Cash  have held the RB role in all the pre season games - if would have been more of a surprise if he had suddenly selected Guilbert. - Hes a fringe player now - at the most. 

The fact that Hourihane and Trez are starting means we still need more players!

I know Traore will come in and Rashica hopefully, but I still think we need a hard bastard in midfield as well

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The bench worry is not needed. 

Traore, rashica and Jack in the middle then automatically makes our bench stronger

I'm sure we will also sign a couple more. Its not a concern, we will have the squad ready by the end of the window. 

Think it's mostly about this game people are worried about the bench tbf. Most believe we will improve the squad going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Engels was in one of the training photos, so I don't fully believe the injury story.  He and Guilbert are probably off.  There must be something going on in the background with these two players that we are not privy too.

Certainly with Guilbert - I don't get the mystery. Whatever you think of his abilities, barring a massive change of heart from the coaching staff - his future is away from villa  (subject to any interest) 

27 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Hourihane? Completely the wrong game for him he just won’t get involved in a battle. He’s only good against footballing sides. Team selection and bench worry me again. Could be a long season.

Who instead of hourihane? I think the team writes itself currently. It's why we need more additions, to give the manager decisions to make.

• Like 1