Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

That bench indicates to me that we are still in the market for some players.

Samatta looks good as gone.

The blades have put out a strong team. Their midfield looks solid.

I suspect the game will be won based on who is mentally up for it and who wins the most 2nd balls.

In terms of the starting line up, I'd say the weakest three are Konsa, Hourihane and Trezeguet - but they can all do a job.

The bench is weak though.

For me Guilbert is a stronger right back than Elmohamady and a stronger left back than Taylor - it seems certain that something is going on behind the scenes with him.

• Like 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of the starting line up, I'd say the weakest three are Konsa, Hourihane and Trezeguet - but they can all do a job.

For me Guilbert is a stronger right back than Elmohamady and a stronger left back than Taylor - it seems certain that something is going on behind the scenes with him.

Yes has Guilbert done an Engels? If he's not injured then it's odd he's not on the bench.

On 11/09/2020 at 12:40, alreadyexists said:

Martinez
Cash    Konsa    Mings    Targett

Luiz

McGinn                Hourihane

Trezeguet       Watkins        Grealish

Maybe won’t have Martínez... but that’s a fair guess I think. Could even have a wide forward by then too (Rashica?).

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Impressive!

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Hourihane? Completely the wrong game for him he just won’t get involved in a battle. He’s only good against footballing sides. Team selection and bench worry me again. Could be a long season.

I'd argue that hourihane isnt good against anyone but the problem is who else is there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely ridiculous decision to cut him out. He's clearly good enough. 

Just now, villa89 said:

I'd argue that hourihane isnt good against anyone but the problem is who else is there. 

Numbers-wise we're short in the middle - we play with three and have McGinn, Hourihane and Luiz with only Nakamba, Lansbury and Ramsey to back them up. I really think we need another one - even if we bring Grealish into the middle.

For today, the blend isn't too bad - if we can get Hourihane on the ball he has the range of passing and dead ball ability to give us something.

Re: Guilbert, I think the logic might be if you're going to sub off Cash for whatever reason, Elmo is someone that provides a different option with his crossing and intelligence. Cash and Guilbert are too similar, and you'd think we only have space on the bench for 1 RB.

8 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Hourihane? Completely the wrong game for him he just won’t get involved in a battle. He’s only good against footballing sides. Team selection and bench worry me again. Could be a long season.

McGinn and Luiz are more than feisty enough so I don't think that's too much of an issue. In any case he's there to give us that extra bit of creativity.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Neil Taylor has done well to get to a 2020/21 Premier League season in a matchday squad. We really do need quite a few signings still. No Samatta means we’ll definitely be getting another forward in. Rashica hopefully 

Rashica's not a forward though?