Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

Martinez
Cash    Konsa    Mings    Targett

Luiz

McGinn                Hourihane

Trezeguet       Watkins        Grealish

Maybe won’t have Martínez... but that’s a fair guess I think. Could even have a wide forward by then too (Rashica?).

• Like 1

The thing about them is they need everyone to be right on it for the whole thing to come together. No disrespect to them but they are a team that are greater than the sum of its parts. The danger for this kind of team is that it only takes 1 or 2 to not work as hard or as diligently as they did last season and the whole thing falls apart. See it in sport the whole time when a team has had a good season. Ego. Complacency. It's dangerous. Infects a place.

21 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Sky will be licking their lips for justice to be done after the blunted Blades missed out on the Ghost Goal of the century in our last meeting at Villa Park.

It's a real shame the fans are not back if only for this,  could have had some fun songs going!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Just noticed they will play Monday, Thursday and Monday. 

3 games in 8 days for the first week of the season 

Welcome back 😁

Next week we’ll have similar - playing Monday Thursday Sunday 

On 11/09/2020 at 12:40, alreadyexists said:

Martinez
Cash    Konsa    Mings    Targett

Luiz

McGinn                Hourihane

Trezeguet       Watkins        Grealish

Maybe won’t have Martínez... but that’s a fair guess I think. Could even have a wide forward by then too (Rashica?).

At this point I reckon this will be the team.

If Rashica and/or Traore come in now, probably a bit too soon to chuck them straight in. Regardless, that is still a strong team and with a bit of confidence surrounding them I’m hopeful we can get something. 

Question is, would you take a draw now?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MCU said:

At this point I reckon this will be the team.

If Rashica and/or Traore come in now, probably a bit too soon to chuck them straight in. Regardless, that is still a strong team and with a bit of confidence surrounding them I’m hopeful we can get something. 

Question is, would you take a draw now?

Good question... yes I think I would. Just because first game of our season and it would be great to get a point on the board. Sounds weird but I think it depends on the draw, a last minute equaliser always feel like a win so I would take that. 

• Like 1

This is a really good opportunity to start the season with a win, especially when you think we play Fulham the week after. We could potentially get 6 points from the first two games. I’m not going to predict a win though, we’ll have to see how it pans out. But I feel optimistic and that we’ll see a much better performance than last night.