The AVFC FFP thread

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bloomin are not.

I'd be very upset if we sold Emi for £40m or Konsa for £50m. It's £75m to even get me to answer the phone.

Yeh was kind of taking the piss when I saw Taylor for 30m.   They are not a million miles off though.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh was kind of taking the piss when I saw Taylor for 30m.   They are not a million miles off though.

Taylor would be £125m to get me to answer the phone.

• Like 1

I think the key for a sustainable club is in relation to the wage bill. The more home grown / academy players we have or the more young players we sign the lower the total wage bill will be. Players salaries increase over time due to experience and proven track record. So if we simply keep the average age of the squad one of the lowest in the league we will have a lower wage bill. 

This has another benefit, the sale of any of the our players will be a net income on them. Buying younger players and improving them means of we are forced to sell we make income on them. Also as for investment, investing in facilities and Villa Park can be done by owners via equity investment. They spend their own money to improve the value of the assets they own (which are VP and the training facilities). 

If we slowly change our image to being THE football club in the Premier League where youth players make it to first team then our ability to attract the best young talent will improve. Signings from Championship and abroad mixed with promotion of youth is the sustainable way forward and gives us a chance of competing via a different approach than trying to go blow for blow with the big 6 on transfers. 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The signings post MON were cheap at least. Although they did eventually relegate us. 

The issue was the lack of long term planning during the MON years. We did have some good young players but way too many over paid average ones that wernt going to give us many years.  The demise of the club since appointing Mcleish is staggering.

Well we did spent £18 million on Bent but that was the exception.  Still think Lambert could have made better use of him. I'd would have kept him and sacked off Gabby who by then was getting fat and rubbish.

On 27/04/2021 at 20:49, S-Platt said:

I think Jack is key to bringing in the dollar.

Brands will want him to be their face so we should be going up a notch with sponsorships.

Or when we sell him this summer for £100m plus

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Or when we sell him this summer for £100m plus

This is true but as well as Jack we have Mings and Watkins who are both very marketable too.  

The future is bright at the moment.

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

This is true but as well as Jack we have Mings and Watkins who are both very marketable too.  

The future is bright at the moment.

Grealish on another level. Rappers and gamers already celebrating him.

• 5 weeks later...

Now we are guaranteed the third year in the PL, im assuming all the shackles are now off in terms of being able to flex our muscle in terms of transfers and wages?

Does anyone have any idea what this might look like in reality?, as in.....how much does the wage budget of the average club go up by (as a %?) by going from 2 to 3 years completed in the PL?

I suppose im curious what "3 years in the PL and the shackles are off, due to 3 consecutive years in the PL"....actually means in reality?

Also, whats happening with FFP?, i thought there was meant to be a meeting weeks ago to decide how FFP might be reformed?

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Also, whats happening with FFP?, i thought there was meant to be a meeting weeks ago to decide how FFP might be reformed?

I've nothing helpful to add but if there is any shift on FFP we could not be better positioned 

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Now we are guaranteed the third year in the PL, im assuming all the shackles are now off in terms of being able to flex our muscle in terms of transfers and wages?

Very simply it means in the 3 year rolling period, we now have turnover of roughly £130m, £140m, & £150m (assuming a decent final position this season). This averages to £140m per season. 
Plus an extra £13m loss allowed, so roughly £155million per season that can be spent on transfer fees and wages combined.

Compare that to last season, when our 3 year rolling was £54m, £130m, £140m which averages £108m per season that can be spent on transfer fees and wages combined.

As it’s a rolling average and transfer fees are split across the length of the contract, it’s a little difficult to work out whether we have extra spending power this season or less, it depends whether we ‘overspent’ those first two seasons or not.  

Generally our wages are rising every season, and those wage levels should be now more sustainable. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

That meeting was for UEFA FFP wasn’t it? Which only applies to teams in Europe.

Which is different to Premier League FFP which applies to Villa.  The PL pretty much follow UEFA FFP though.

UEFA will take a while to change their FFP, and then would give everyone notice, so I would guess the earliest a new system would start would be the 2022/23 season.

Some good charting of City and Chelsea income and how it's progressed over the years.

City pulling in just the £130m a year from their own owners through "sponsorship" :lol:

The years we were out the PL were the worst to miss out on. It's when the money jumped massively across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whenever I see Chelsea's big sponsorship deals, I'm always comforted by the fact that the people that made those deals now work for us.

Do they?  Did we poach someone from Chelsea?

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do they?  Did we poach someone from Chelsea?

Purslow and Ibbetson made Chelsea's deals with Yokohama and Nike.

(Ibbetson was also part of the team that made Man Utds £750m Adidas deal),

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â