The AVFC FFP thread

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

A lill dicky bird tells me Richard's will retire through injury at the end of the season and we will recoup 80% of the contract. 

really? not sure how we could do that, unless maybe an independent  medical report confirms he's been unavailable for selection for a lot of that time and it's through insurance

23 minutes ago, Kingman said:

A lill dicky bird tells me Richard's will retire through injury at the end of the season and we will recoup 80% of the contract. 

Hmm interesting that is if true. Don't see. How we can though. 

It was mentioned in some thread, don't remember which that a lot of physios or doctors or whoever is doing the examinations do not want to do them because they risk being sued by clubs for failing to find hidden injuries or issues that later on might lead to complications.

Supposedly why many clubs are no longer handling these things themselves anymore.

Don't remember the details so may have mistaken it totally :D 

But perhaps we've found some issue like this and are trying to slide on a technicality?

Can't see it thou.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

players out of contract in summer:

jedinak - 50k

Elphick - 35k

Hutton - 30k

Whelan - 40k

Green - will be renewed

Richards - 55k

Steer - will be renewed (or hasnt it already?)

Bunn - 30k

so 240k - my estimates probably wrong though so 250k is about right...i dont think RDL is out of contract though

In my opinion some of those figures are massively out. There's no chance in hell that we're paying Mark Bunn £30k a week. I'd be amazed if he's on more than £8-10k a week. I'm sure I've also seen that Richards pay dropped to £35k a week when we got relegated?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

In my opinion some of those figures are massively out. There's no chance in hell that we're paying Mark Bunn £30k a week. I'd be amazed if he's on more than £8-10k a week. I'm sure I've also seen that Richards pay dropped to £35k a week when we got relegated?

Who's side are you on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:05, limpid said:

You'll owe nearly £20m to the tax man.

Yeah, well, that's always that, of course. :) But I'll take lessons from Ronaldo and Messi. OR maybe not.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:00, terrytini said:

Indeed. You exaggerate the point but there’s certainly a question there.

Yeah, I might've exaggerated it a little... :D But still. Interesting. If I was super super super rich, Scrooge McDuck rich, I'd try that, even wasting the money just going to the tax man. :P 

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

they quite probably are...but i've seen nothing to indicate that richards' wages have dropped.

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

really? not sure how we could do that, unless maybe an independent  medical report confirms he's been unavailable for selection for a lot of that time and it's through insurance

If true maybe that's another little FFP trick....

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

All this maths... so you owe me £2 and I give you half a crown?

Yep hopefully Purslow knows what he’s doing, as you say, if it was left to us on here to sort out it would most probably look like -

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kieran Maguire was on WM tonight answering callers questions about FFP.

Forgive me if i have this wrong but an interesting point he made that i hadnt heard before was that for the first 2 seasons down losses are counted at premier league rate i.e 35 million a season. Our third year would then be counted at championship rate of 13mil. Overall 73 million in losses allowed for us. 

That would make sense as to why the club seem to think they are ok. He also said that we were 2.5 million above the line upto last accounts so it sounds like our losses for this season need to show no more than 15.5 million. 

I could have got this wrong though guys but if i have understood that right then ot would explain Purslows comments previously etc

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Forgive me if i have this wrong but an interesting point he made that i hadnt heard before was that for the first 2 seasons down losses are counted at premier league rate i.e 35 million a season. Our third year would then be counted at championship rate of 13mil. Overall 73 million in losses allowed for us. 

That would make sense as to why the club seem to think they are ok. He also said that we were 2.5 million above the line upto last accounts so it sounds like our losses for this season need to show no more than 15.5 million. 

I could have got this wrong though guys but if i have understood that right then ot would explain Purslows comments previously etc

Yaaaayyy.....That’s Numberwang !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s what that Kieron Maguire chap wrote in that 9-10 page review that he did of our finances a few days back. I have to say, that was new to me too, but it makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That’s what that Kieron Maguire chap wrote in that 9-10 page review that he did of our finances a few days back. I have to say, that was new to me too, but it makes sense. 

Interesting that two different K Maguires come up with a similar sounding theory within a few days of each other 🤔.....could be something fishy here ...

9 hours ago, leighavfc said:

2 X 35 + 1 X 13 = 83 :thumb:

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

It does. 13 million is way to low for a team that just got relegated. 

• Like 1

Â