The AVFC FFP thread

Piece in the Mirror saying we may sell training ground to owners property business, and then use money to pump into club as a way round ffp. Would certainly explain why the board dont seem to fussed by it.

Saying selling Jack would be another way to help (obviously).

12 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Piece in the Mirror saying we may sell training ground to owners property business, and then use money to pump into club as a way round ffp. Would certainly explain why the board dont seem to fussed by it.

Saying selling Jack would be another way to help (obviously).

Thats good but how much can we do that for in all honestly? If the clubs worth about 80m we can't sell the training ground for like 30m

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats good but how much can we do that for in all honestly? If the clubs worth about 80m we can't sell the training ground for like 30m

Havent a clue, i suppose it depends on how much were gonna be over by. As you say it cant be for anything ridiculous though.

They are either totally gambling on going up or they know a way out or round it like this article suggests. Looks like we will be spending money again this window, cant see how this is possible without a way out..surely we will massively breach in March?

We are ruined without promotion I suggest we all buckle up for an extremely bumpy ride for the 2019/20 season and beyond.

Scream if you want to go faster..........

8 hours ago, KHV said:

We are ruined without promotion I suggest we all buckle up for an extremely bumpy ride for the 2019/20 season and beyond.

Scream if you want to go faster..........

Truth is, we could be. Certainly it turned out to be the case with Dr Tony. All that said, I'm confident everything is in hand - cos Purslow (architect of FFP). 

15 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

It could well be that we have simply been lied to by the owners yet again and they havent sorted FFP as they seem to suggest

My personal opion is they aren’t thinking about any scenario other than promotion. 

Didn't Purslow recently state that we are financially stable? I'm guessing that had nothing to do with ffp then? If that's the case, surely we will be royally fooked at the end of the season if not promoted? 

I hope that the current powers-that-be at the club know exactly what they're doing and aren't just repeating the same mistakes of the last two owners. 

15 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I don’t think Neil Moxley has a full understanding of the situation, either way.

I think we can add every other journo to that. We should probably ask Matt CockWomble Scott, he'll know. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

20190105_230046.jpg

So we either get round FFP or we sell a asset? 

Real ground-breaking stuff from Mr Moxley there. 

Purslow has gone on the record to say we wont be in the messy stuff if we fail with promotion again this season. That being said I think its clear the wage structure will be reduced significantly and we'll obviously lose the very few decent players we have, maybe that was factored into Dean Smiths appointment, a manager who knows how to work within a budget. And who knows, maybe thats exactly what this club needs instead of paying poor players far too much for very little return in this division. So many bad choices made at the club by previous people in positions of power, we probably deserve what may or may not be coming our way. Reckless. But im sure the people we have in place atm are the right ones to clean this almighty mess. Just going to take a few years.

I think the EFL, who have the discretion here, need to tread very carefully. Any punishment they apply to teams breaching FFP will act as a precedent, and if it was applied to the letter of the law then I think almost every team in the League would be vulnerable. 

They should take a common sense approach. The philosophy (apart from protecting the top Clubs) is essentially to ensure that Clubs don’t run themselves into the ground.

We are a very well capitalised Club that can sustain these losses (which, BTW, are predominantly only technical losses in Accounting terms, not actual cash losses) because of our Owners and face no existential risk because of that. 

If it came to scrutiny, we’d be able to demonstrate this clearly. I also think FFP will increasingly face more and more criticism to the point where they will have to revise the restrictions on Owners investing capital into Clubs. There is just no way that the current restrictions are fair and are clearly designed to stop Clubs breaking into the upper echelons by virtue of having wealthy owners. 

Legally, as well, I think FFP is built on very fragile ground. Our owners, Wes in particular, are incredibly astute, commercially (I’ve worked with Fortress before and they are KILLERS!) so I’m really not worried about FFP. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I think the EFL, who have the discretion here, need to tread very carefully. Any punishment they apply to teams breaching FFP will act as a precedent, and if it was applied to the letter of the law then I think almost every team in the League would be vulnerable. 

They should take a common sense approach. The philosophy (apart from protecting the top Clubs) is essentially to ensure that Clubs don’t run themselves into the ground.

We are a very well capitalised Club that can sustain these losses (which, BTW, are predominantly only technical losses in Accounting terms, not actual cash losses) because of our Owners and face no existential risk because of that. 

If it came to scrutiny, we’d be able to demonstrate this clearly. I also think FFP will increasingly face more and more criticism to the point where they will have to revise the restrictions on Owners investing capital into Clubs. There is just no way that the current restrictions are fair and are clearly designed to stop Clubs breaking into the upper echelons by virtue of having wealthy owners. 

Legally, as well, I think FFP is built on very fragile ground. Our owners, Wes in particular, are incredibly astute, commercially (I’ve worked with Fortress before and they are KILLERS!) so I’m really not worried about FFP. 

My main worry, is that we have demonstrated very little evidence over the years that spending money on players is our forte.

We seem dim, when it comes to getting value out of transfers( a few exceptions)

I cringe when ever we are poised to splash out...it rarely comes with value for money.

Kodjia, MCormack, Hogan are recent examples.....Kodj not quite so much.

• Like 1

Â