The AVFC FFP thread

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes

How are you so sure? I would be surprised if insurance covers 100% of their wages for the whole season. Don't know of any other profession where it happens. Footballers get injured so often, premiums for this would be horrendous 

Edited by Czarnikjak

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, we could pull back 820k p/w (ish), or 42.6m a year in wages just from these players.

even if we then bought 4 players in the summer (ie: 2 players on 125k p/w each, and 2 players on 50k p/w - for a total of £350k p/w), we are still saving 450k+ p/w and £20m+ a year.

Would help our overall FFP/salary cap position i would guess.

image.png.19b3f92abcd20aecb07bcb979a99c869.png

{Sarcasm}

Hang on.... I've been told categorically that moving the fringe players on won't help our FPP position at all. We MUST sell one of our first choice players. There are no other options! There's a poll on here and everything.

{/Sarcasm}

We'll also get something in transfer fees too.

Edited by jimmygreaves

28 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

{Sarcasm}

Hang on.... I've been told categorically that moving the fringe players on won't help our FPP position at all. We MUST sell one of our first choice players. There are no other options! There's a poll on here and everything.

{/Sarcasm}

Getting rid of those helps PSR.

If the total of those players are sold for lower than a certain value it actually damages what we can spend even though cash has come through the door because it is below their book value.

Before making snarky posts I'd suggest you learn the subject you are being snarky around.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I’m not sure we’ll get much in transfer fees…

Lenglet & Zaniolo - loans finish

Olsen, Sanson - we’ll be happy if someone just pays his wages.

Dendoncker - maybe £3m?

Hause - we’ll probably pay him off to leave.

Chambers - didn’t want to leave in Jan, we’ll need to him off or keep him.

Coutinho - we’ll probably need to subsidise half his salary for someone to take him, similar to this season.

Digne - would be worth £20m but high wages will knock that fee right down.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Dendoncker - maybe £3m?

Coutinho - we’ll probably need to subsidise half his salary for someone to take him, similar to this season.

Best estimate for the book value in the summer of all the people listed on MaVilla's post is 43m

Anything less is an FFP loss

19 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

How are you so sure? I would be surprised if insurance covers 100% of their wages for the whole season. Don't know of any other profession where it happens. Footballers get injured so often, premiums for this would be horrendous 

The research I did on it said that all PL players were insured as they are such important valuable commodities. However the insurance would cover wages not any payments in relation to amortisation. In situations like Wesley he became impaired on the balance sheet. 

It's unclear exactly how much wages are covered. Players have basic wages and payments based on personal and team performance. Also what level of injury results in an insurance claim. I think it would need to be something significant for example 3 months out injured. However, none of those kind of detail I could find out. 

54 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Courtesy of Swiss Ramble.

Indication by how much we need to reduce our losses this season to stay complaint with PSR

Screenshot2024-03-11at14_44.02Medium.jpeg.3914dc00931eadeb76038e5be6bacf97.jpeg

The higher league placing and CL qualification, along with extra funds from off-field sources, should pretty much do the job then. 🤞 I guess it would then be a case of a return to "sell to buy" thanks to P & S. :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, John said:

The higher league placing and CL qualification, along with extra funds from off-field sources, should pretty much do the job then. 🤞 I guess it would then be a case of a return to "sell to buy" thanks to P & S. :rolleyes:

We are facing 2 crunch seasons now (this season and next season). Due to £93m psr loss last season we will only have £12m combined psr loss to play with come this summer/next season.

It's going to be very very tight. I'm confident we not going to break the limit, but we will be very restricted in our trading.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We are facing 2 crunch seasons now (this season and next season). Due to £93m psr loss last season we will only have £12m combined psr loss to play with come this summer/next season.

It's going to be very very tight. I'm confident we not going to break the limit, but we will be very restricted in our trading.

Queue the other fans/media next year "oh Villa didn't really add to the squad, that's why they aren't doing as well this season. Should have spent some money". Not that I give a rats arse about what other fans say but I can see it now.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 23:58, ender4 said:

Dendoncker - maybe £3m?

I think Sanson is close to activating his compulsory purchase clause.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/morgan-sanson-nearing-conditions-to-make-ogc-nice-move-permanent/

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

so, if its a salary to turnover % type thing, where are we in terms of turnover compared to other PL clubs?, we are probably mid table?

(so, unless we can increase revenue massively, this will limit us as well)

is this type of limitation, better than the current FFP tho!?

As our wage to turnover ratio was and still is one of the highest in the league, most likely we will suffer the most from new rules. Certainly the big 6 has nothing to worry about, so it's all good 😊Screenshot2024-03-11at20_00.49Medium.jpeg.555ba81673277f2587958a16f1ce61da.jpeg

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

As our wage to turnover ratio was and still is one of the highest in the league, most likely we will suffer the most from new rules. Certainly the big 6 has nothing to worry about, so it's all good 😊Screenshot2024-03-11at20_00.49Medium.jpeg.555ba81673277f2587958a16f1ce61da.jpeg

thanks.

obviously i dont know what 89% is money wise, but i did a graph not long ago, implying that just getting rid of our dead wood, fringe players, or second string players who earn too much (if we can), would save something like 900k per week, and something like 45m a year in wages, im guessing that would at least make our position a lot better salary wise, even if we reinvested a good portion of it?

Obviously, that means actually being able to offload the dead wood.

edit: here was my table.

image.png.e835a65163f18690ba59d49011498d80.png

I do feel like we can cut the wage bill significantly this summer simply by offloading the deadwood and some good but not essential first teamers (e.g. Digne and Carlos). I mean, Dendoncker, Olsen, Carlos, Digne and Coutinho alone must be on a combined £400k+ a week surely?

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thanks.

obviously i dont know what 89% is money wise, but i did a graph not long ago, implying that just getting rid of our dead wood, fringe players, or second string players who earn too much (if we can), would save something like 900k per week, and something like 45m a year in wages, im guessing that would at least make our position a lot better salary wise, even if we reinvested a good portion of it?

Obviously, that means actually being able to offload the dead wood.

edit: here was my table.

image.png.e835a65163f18690ba59d49011498d80.png

All teams will think the same "if we only offload our deadwood..." Doesn't change the fact we are still in worse position than others who will need to offload less.

Not many takers around for deadwood on premier league wages.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I do feel like we can cut the wage bill significantly this summer simply by offloading the deadwood and some good but not essential first teamers (e.g. Digne and Carlos). I mean, Dendoncker, Olsen, Carlos, Digne and Coutinho alone must be on a combined £400k+ a week surely?

Too bloody right.

• Haha 1

Â