The AVFC FFP thread

19 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

we havent broken rules  people demanding on twitter we loose points

I think it's always important to remember that people are clearings in the woods

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BBC reporting it as we've lost 119.6m and PSR rules are 105m. They also say infrastructure, womens team, academy costs etc aren't included in the PSR. BUT they don't say what the 119.6m breakdown is. We've also released a generic statement saying we look forward to continuing to make the club sustainable etc. Typical clickbait misinform people instead of just spitting facts. BBC is getting worse and worse as news outlet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yes I was about to post the link, Well worth listening to the financial guy, not the sports journo at the end as he really doesn't have a clue.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

About £90m in the last 3 years 

i think it is closer to 100m.

Basically little FFP room left, but that is what most of us thought anyway.

TBH i forsee two events happening off the pitch to change that in the coming 17 months.

1 How are we with the limits once Jack's sale passes three years
2 Will we make a big sale?

The other stuff will sort itself out.

I'm confused, our accounts are usually listed on Companies house website under NSWE sports limited - that's showing as accounts overdue - so I've been waiting for a document to appear. I've seen a few people now though say that they've seen the published accounts, but I'm not sure where.

There's an accounts document under Aston Villa Limited, but it doesn't seem to be the accounts - the numbers in it make no sense to me - turnover at £702,000?

Are the accounts still yet to be published?

Nope, got it - for some reason we've moved it from NSWE to Aston Villa Football Club (not to be confused with Aston Villa Limited which is where that other document is).

Weird that we've not published them against NSWE like we usually do (unless there's still a version awaiting publication).

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nope, got it - for some reason we've moved it from NSWE to Aston Villa Football Club (not to be confused with Aston Villa Limited which is where that other document is).

Weird that we've not published them against NSWE like we usually do (unless there's still a version awaiting publication).

I think the accounts you're looking for are at NSWE UK Limited.

It seems in years past they've published practically the same overall accounts (I think just changing the name) to both NSWE UK Ltd and NSWE Sports Ltd, but they mustn't have done it for NSWE Sports Ltd this year, for whatever reason.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I think the accounts you're looking for are at NSWE UK Limited.

Thank you!

So we've now published accounts (for something, I'm not sure what) under Aston Villa Limited, a set under Aston Villa Football Club, a more complete set under NSWE UK and nothing at all under NSWE Sports Limited, which is where we normally post them and where they're listed on companies house as overdue?

You've gotta love accountants.

So our reported matchday revenues are purely ticket sales and don't include the income from C&B, programmes or any of the other stuff that happens on matchdays.

So the income from our kiosks and our hospitality areas is almost impossible to figure out - it's in with shirt sales, royalties and loan fees under Commercial.

I wonder if that goes some way to explaining the difference between us and the likes of Southampton?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

So we've now published accounts (for something, I'm not sure what) under Aston Villa Limited, a set under Aston Villa Football Club, a more complete set under NSWE UK and nothing under NSWE Sports Limited, which is where we normally post them?

You've gotta love accountants.

The accounts have a list of the subsidiaries somewhere and their general purpose. NSWE Sports Limited is a holding company, Aston Villa Limited is (another?) holding company, Aston Villa Football Club Ltd is for "commercial operations", and Aston Villa FC Limited is for the football club itself (I'm assuming related to player contracts etc.?)

My brain melted trying to take in the two holding companies. It completely evaporated by the time it came to understanding the difference between Aston Villa Football Club and Aston Villa FC 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

My brain melted trying to take in the two holding companies. It completely evaporated by the time it came to understanding the difference between Aston Villa Football Club and Aston Villa FC 

Mine melted a lot earlier than yours!

I wonder what that Aston Villa Limited with the £700k turnover is?

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mine melted a lot earlier than yours!

I wonder what that Aston Villa Limited with the £700k turnover is?

It seems like that's the original Aston Villa company, founded in 1896. There's presumably a nice bit of history (for the particularly nerdy) throughout the dozens of accounts and documents that have been filed there.

As for what it does nowadays or where it got £700k from, absolutely not a clue.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm confused, our accounts are usually listed on Companies house website under NSWE sports limited - that's showing as accounts overdue - so I've been waiting for a document to appear. I've seen a few people now though say that they've seen the published accounts, but I'm not sure where.

There's an accounts document under Aston Villa Limited, but it doesn't seem to be the accounts - the numbers in it make no sense to me - turnover at £702,000?

Are the accounts still yet to be published?

NSWE UK LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

I see you found them but the link for others.

Edited by CVByrne

16 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

One thing to keep in mind, This seasons accounts will cover 13 months. So you need to adjust wages accordingly by adding 1/12th of their total to the final value.

Yes but need to decrease the 21/22 accounts. I think we made a loss on Samatta and Engles in June 2021 so they would drop off. We would restate the 21/22 accounts for the adjustment

Â