The AVFC FFP thread

On 05/04/2024 at 11:47, paul514 said:

I have no worries about FFP this summer, I worked a list that didn’t include selling any of our major players whilst spending a lot that didn’t break the rules, brought down wages and was sustainable with the amortisation of the players brought for future years.

its on page 53 of the transfer thread 

Do we need to do a whip round to cover your accounting fees for such glorious work?!

12 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Aren't we screwed with new rules? We had 92% wages to revenue, with 70% for European teams it would see us having to sell quite a lot to comply. 

Or we could increase our revenue by increasing sponsorships like they appear to be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Or we could increase our revenue by increasing sponsorships like they appear to be?

Indeed.

I feel like we are going around in circles in the thread FFS 😂.

Cue the " We need Ramsey to come back from injury asap to fulfil the obvious plan of selling him to plug the FFP hole "

19 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Could some of that be eaten up by clauses in contracts attached with achieving champions league football or winning a trophy if we are able to achieve these this season.

With very little basis I was thinking most players could have clauses of x% increase if we achieve champions league like the traditional CL teams do for not achieving it or teams build in for a drop out or promotion into premier league. 

37 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

As are the other top 6 teams... our wage budget is only 40mn smaller than Spurs right now while they have 630mn in revenue to ours 220mn...with these regulations we will not be able to keep up. It takes decades of success to build up commercial revenue, we are going in good direction but top 6 have huge headstart. 

9 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

As are the other top 6 teams... our wage budget is only 40mn smaller than Spurs right now while they have 630mn in revenue to ours 220mn...with these regulations we will not be able to keep up. It takes decades of success to build up commercial revenue, we are going in good direction but top 6 have huge headstart. 

Spurs didn't have any success lol

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Spurs didn't have any success lol

Given how big of a success top 4 is for us, they had plenty of success. When did we reach CL final recently? Success doesn't mean just trophies, they were a midtable team like us with around same revenue 20 years ago, now their revenues are x3 higher than us. Much more successful I think 

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Given how big of a success top 4 is for us, they had plenty of success. When did we reach CL final recently? Success doesn't mean just trophies, they were a midtable team like us with around same revenue 20 years ago, now their revenues are x3 higher than us. Much more successful I think 

The income they’re getting from their new stadium is huge. It’s far higher than they had projected it to be.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

The income they’re getting from their new stadium is huge. It’s far higher than they had projected it to be.

Yep they were aiming for £4-5m per game matchday revenue. It turns out they are getting almost £7 million per match instead. 

Meanwhile Villa get £1m per matchday and loads of disgruntled fans who can’t buy any beer. 

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

And they still haven't cashed in on the naming rights. Think they will reveal who gets the deal in May or June. That deal is going to be huge.

42 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If our wages to revenue % is as high as it is, why were we allowed to compete in the UECL this season?

Because the rules for this season is 100% ratio. And we think we have just about squeezed in.  Next season it goes to 90%, then following season 70%.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

And they still haven't cashed in on the naming rights. Think they will reveal who gets the deal in May or June. That deal is going to be huge.

They should be competing for titles soon youd imagine. They’ll be able to spend huge amounts every summer. Makes me feel sick. 

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They should be competing for titles soon youd imagine. They’ll be able to spend huge amounts every summer. Makes me feel sick. 

Yeah, but then again it's Spurs so...

4 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Do we need to do a whip round to cover your accounting fees for such glorious work?!

That's a bit of a shitty comment to make to someone who has tried to use the available data to put forward his views forward explaining it so anyone can understand

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So from FFP to PSR to SCR.  

Better name than FFP but can they now just stick to the same name please.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So from FFP to PSR to SCR.  

Better name than FFP but can they now just stick to the same name please.

Tbh if the 85% is true I think it’s worst than the current uefa system for us.

also the PL rules mean nothing if you want to or expect to be in uefa competitions as you have to adhere to their 70% rule

Â