The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

then loan them back to each other

...and as soon as Luiz is back.... "what deal?"

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why we wouldn't?  If we have a gap of, say, £50m to fill and have a sale of Ramsey lined up for £50m, why wouldn't we bring in a replacement in the winter window to get him settled more readily for the start of the next season?  His cost will be at worst something like £3m + wages.  It's "nothing".

I think they wouldn't do it as there is no way that we can be 100% that we'd sell Ramsey for that much.  And so spending when you know you were in breech would lead to a higher punishment.  If we really think there's any risk of a PSR issue on 30 June we really shouldn't have been buying in January - we should have been selling.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So £20m more just from finishing 2-3 places higher and being shown on TV a few more times? Nice.

Or did the TV deal change between last season and this season? I think it was the same for both seasons though.

you get £1.2m facility fee then an additional £1.2m per game shown on TV. Each club gets a base £31m and each place is worth around £1.7m. Winning the Europa Conference adds around £12m on the numbers too.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So £20m more just from finishing 2-3 places higher and being shown on TV a few more times? Nice.

Or did the TV deal change between last season and this season? I think it was the same for both seasons though.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

you get £1.2m facility fee then an additional £1.2m per game shown on TV. Each club gets a base £31m and each place is worth around £1.7m. Winning the Europa Conference adds around £12m on the numbers too.

Having pour domestic cup runs doesnt help, but we got nothing for carabao as went out third round, saying that had we got through we'd had got just £10k, we got just £41k for winning the third round of the FA cup.

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Ohh so the £20m extra includes TNT paying us for showing the European matches?

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ohh so the £20m extra includes TNT paying us for showing the European matches?

Unsure, the tv money is premier league based so when we've been on TNT, amazon as well as that is in the prize money.

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jacob Tanswell was on the Athletic podcast earlier and talked about our PSR position: 

The relevant bit is from 25:36, and he says:

'The PSR elephant in the room has been there throughout the season and it's looming now before June 30th and the end of the financial year. It's going to be difficult - obviously Douglas Luiz is one of Villa's biggest assets, he's got a good contract left, everybody expected him to leave in 2022 when Arsenal came in with several offers. Villa even signed Morgan Sanson to replace him, as it turns out Sanson's now gone, Douglas Luiz is still there. He's one of those players that Villa fear or think they will have to move on simply to comply with PSR, similar to Jacob Ramsey, obviously you saw Newcastle were interested in him towards the end of the winter window, obviously not sure if that would be the case now but he's one of those players that would be open or would ease PSR concerns because he's pure bookable profit, it would be around fifty million and that's essentially what Villa are needing by June 30th to comply with PSR regulations. But you look at the wage bill as well I mentioned earlier they've got a really high wage-turnover ratio, they're gonna have to sell the likes of Lucas Digne who's Villa's best-performing left-back this season instead of Moreno because he's on £120,000 per week, Moreno's on a lot less than that . . . uhm . . . they've got to look at other high earners as well, but also keep Emery happy.'

I still am confident we don't need to make a sale before June month end to stay within PSR. The 4th or 5th place finish and a run to semi final of ECL is plenty to keep us the right side of it. It's next season we'll hit an issue

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The 4th or 5th place finish and a run to semi final of ECL is plenty to keep us the right side of it. It's next season we'll hit an issue

We should be ok next season as well? Adidas extra £12m, Champions League extra £30m, Betano extra £14m, ticket price rises extra £5m, other commercial opportunities extra £4m.

That's an extra £65m revenue on a base of £220m.

Also if we can ship out a couple of our not needed players, and replace with similar wages for Emery/Monchi players, then our wage bill shouldn't go up much.  So then it's just extra amortisation for new players.

Edited by ender4

I have no worries about FFP this summer, I worked a list that didn’t include selling any of our major players whilst spending a lot that didn’t break the rules, brought down wages and was sustainable with the amortisation of the players brought for future years.

its on page 53 of the transfer thread 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We should be ok next season as well? Adidas extra £12m, Champions League extra £30m, Betano extra £14m, ticket price rises extra £5m, other commercial opportunities extra £4m.

That's an extra £65m revenue on a base of £220m.

Also if we can ship out a couple of our not needed players, and replace with similar wages for Emery/Monchi players, then our wage bill shouldn't go up much.  So then it's just extra amortisation for new players.

Yes if we get CL and we stay in Europe into new year. Plus finish in top 6 we should be ok. 

Also depends how we manage player trading in summer plus the wage bill 

I’ve done a fair bit of reading on the Everton/Forest charges recently. One thing I seemed to notice is that both clubs were pre-warned by the Premier League they were likely to have breached PSR before the accounts deadline. 

I’d imagine if Villa were in danger of breaching PSR there would already be some discussions between the Premier League and the club in terms of what the plan is?

Either way we will not find out until January anyway and probably when looking at how the club do business in summer but it was just a thought. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes if we get CL and we stay in Europe into new year. Plus finish in top 6 we should be ok. 

Also depends how we manage player trading in summer plus the wage bill 

I think the new format means everyone stays in the CL until end of Jan. Minimum of 8 games each.  Then only the worst 8 out of 32 teams gets kicked out, so most teams get 10 games which continue until late Feb. Only after that do the proper knockout rounds start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichW said:

I’ve done a fair bit of reading on the Everton/Forest charges recently. One thing I seemed to notice is that both clubs were pre-warned by the Premier League they were likely to have breached PSR before the accounts deadline. 

I’d imagine if Villa were in danger of breaching PSR there would already be some discussions between the Premier League and the club in terms of what the plan is?

Either way we will not find out until January anyway and probably when looking at how the club do business in summer but it was just a thought. 

Maybe we did have discussions with Premier League already, they wouldn't be made public anyway.

15 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think the new format means everyone stays in the CL until end of Jan. Minimum of 8 games each.  Then only the worst 8 out of 32 teams gets kicked out, so most teams get 10 games which continue until late Feb. Only after that do the proper knockout rounds start.

It's as good going into Europa League. Basically only like 4 teams or something actually get knocked out of Europe after CL group stage. Europa League gives us a good chance of winning it too. So as long as we continue in Europe it's good.

Player trading is the biggest issue. Dendonker value only decreasing at Napoli now for example. KKH not helping his value playing no football at Villa. Etc ..

We have Coutinho and Digne that need moving. Archer getting re signed for £14m 

We don't need to sell at all, but I'd still expect a big sale to avoid backing ourselves into a corner in the future.

A larger degree of churn amongst Premier league teams first teams is going to become normal 

Â