The AVFC FFP thread

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently an article in the Times today - I don't have an account - claiming that we're pushing for a £30m increase to the PSR allowance for next season, according to Stefan Borson:

I've seen quite a lot of takes on here suggesting we aren't at much risk from PSR, but I think people should be asking themselves why we would be pushing this if we weren't. Don't think it's implausible we get a points deduction next season. 

here's a link to the article.

It doesn't say too much other than Villa bought it up at the last meeting.

https://archive.ph/eVpQm#selection-2663.0-2667.197

Aston Villa are pushing for the Premier League to raise the maximum limit of the permitted losses for the final season of its Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

It is understood that Villa have raised the issue with clubs this week for the limit to be increased from £105million over three years to £135million. Such a move would be hugely controversial given the points deductions imposed on Everton and Nottingham Forest this season for breaching the limit.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently an article in the Times today - I don't have an account - claiming that we're pushing for a £30m increase to the PSR allowance for next season, according to Stefan Borson:

I've seen quite a lot of takes on here suggesting we aren't at much risk from PSR, but I think people should be asking themselves why we would be pushing this if we weren't. Don't think it's implausible we get a points deduction next season. 

Yeah, this looks suss that we are the ones bringing it up 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We are at risk, hence we asking for extra £30m. However, we can easily generate that £30m by selling a player if other clubs won't agree to the rules change. We won't get any points deducted, we have too many assets we can easily sell to generate that amount.

I certainly cannot see other 13 teams voting for it to help us out though, so we will be selling for profit.

Edited by Czarnikjak

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I personally think we just want to be able to spend more money.

this summer if/when we get CL? yep, it makes sense that the club want to splurge right now while we're sitting pretty, its a huge opportunity for us

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We are at risk, hence we asking for extra £30m. However, we can easily generate that £30m by selling a player if other clubs won't agree to the rules change. We won't get any points deducted, we have too many assets we can easily sell to generate that amount.

I certainly cannot see other 13 teams voting for it to help us out though, so we will be selling for profit.

Surely it helps all the other teams as well?  Tbh I don't understand how nobody had the foresight to link it to inflation in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I can see they will to help them selves out tho. 

what club doesn’t want a little more headroom in spending?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I can see they will to help them selves out tho. 

what club doesn’t want a little more headroom in spending?

Because half of the clubs are nowhere near the £105m limit, so why would they go out of their way to help the other half that is nearing breaking the rules?

27 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I agree we have a lot of assets other clubs would want to buy if available. My question would be whether they will want to buy those players before June 30th, if they believe that buying them after that date would still get them the players and also get us a points deduction. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Because half of the clubs are nowhere near the £105m limit, so why would they go out of their way to help the other half that is nearing breaking the rules?

They may not wanna vote for it, for that reason.. yet, might be a good indicator to know how many clubs are wanting more headroom 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I agree we have a lot of assets other clubs would want to buy if available. My question would be whether they will want to buy those players before June 30th, if they believe that buying them after that date would still get them the players and also get us a points deduction. 

Because there will be multiple clubs trying to out do others to get someone. Also they could possibly get them cheaper before 30th June.

Also, if it's a European club they won't care if we get points deduction or not.

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Because there will be multiple clubs trying to out do others to get someone. Also they could possibly get them cheaper before 30th June.

Also, if it's a European club they won't care if we get points deduction or not.

Yes, that's the optimistic view. But there are some pretty clear ways those things might not happen (maybe we don't get any bidding wars, maybe European clubs don't think they could match the wage demands of the players we'd be looking to sell, etc), so I think the claim 'we won't get a points deduction' is too strong. *Hopefully* we won't. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, that's the optimistic view. But there are some pretty clear ways those things might not happen (maybe we don't get any bidding wars, maybe European clubs don't think they could match the wage demands of the players we'd be looking to sell, etc), so I think the claim 'we won't get a points deduction' is too strong. *Hopefully* we won't. 

Yes, "hopefully" 😊, but I'm very optimistic. There are good reasons to be

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I personally think we just want to be able to spend more money.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

this summer if/when we get CL? yep, it makes sense that the club want to splurge right now while we're sitting pretty, its a huge opportunity for us

I'm not sure this makes sense.  If we are close to the £105m limit, then we must be close to the UEFA PSR limits as well.  Next season we will hit the UEFA limit well before the PL limit so it makes no sense for us to push to increase the PL limit as we will be in Europe. 

What am i missing here?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm not sure this makes sense.  If we are close to the £105m limit, then we must be close to the UEFA PSR limits as well.  Next season we will hit the UEFA limit well before the PL limit so it makes no sense for us to push to increase the PL limit as we will be in Europe. 

What am i missing here?

Well, if you read the UEFA squad cost control rules, on 1st breach it only talks about financial penalties not sporting penalties (if I read that correctly). With Premier League breach you get hit with sporting penalty straight away.

So perhaps we are OK to the take financial penalty from uefa. That would be one explanation.

Â