The AVFC FFP thread

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

We finally might be getting into the champions league and I’m more depressed than ever!

Knowing out luck, we'll sell off some of our best players, revert to mid table... then they'll change the rules the season after 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

I’ve said before, I don’t understand our January signings at all if we are really teetering on the edge. 

I agree, the only way I can reconcile it is trying to get someone settled e.g. Rogers because we know we will be selling someone e.g. Ramsey (purely an example)

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Imagine if we get into the top 4 then get a points deduction and end up 10th 

We are within the spending rules so no need to worry about that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

Imagine if we get into the top 4 then get a points deduction and end up 10th 

Pretty certain the cut off was the Forest and Everton breaches from Jan 15th because they want deductions settled well before end of season

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, macandally said:

. It is important to note that these figures are in line with the strategic business plan, and we continue to operate within the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules. 

Are we just ignoring this bit then? I read that as we are covered 

People read and understand what they want to. Bizarre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’ll be fine. I’m not worried, I trust NSWE to know what they’re doing and not leave us massively exposed to punishments. Despite what Heck wants you to believe, we don’t just employ cocksuckers. 

• Haha 1

The league should probably have revised the 105m figure already. 105m in 2013 when it was introduced is over 140m today. And that's using CPI. In the world of football it'd be more like double.

That said, we're still going to be compliant this year as per their statement, and I see no reason to be alarmed at this stage. 

If we fail to sustain our form and don't qualify for the champs league, then we can start worrying about who we have to sell to balance next years accounts. 

We wouldn't have spent anything in Jan of we couldn't. I think we'll sell Emi in the summer while his stock is high, probably Dougie too.  Would see around £100m not that I want them sold but, I think it'll be necessary. 

How does money for stadium development or a new stadium work? 

Let's be honest here, we have spent a huge amount of money continuously since NSWE arrived. That is nothing new and the spending has taken us from mid-table Championship to 4th in the Premier League and the knockout stages of European competition.

If we have to scale back on transfers now and sell a key player ahead of the summer, it is clearly still worth it.

• Like 3

Â