The AVFC FFP thread

17 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

You do realise we’ve gone from mid table Championship to possibly CL team in four years? The value of the club has increased from £75m to +£500m even without CL football.

We’re about to announce a mega deal with Adidas along with a lucrative new shirt sponsorship. 
Atarios/ Comcast coming on board will also make us a major player.

I’d say the strides our owners have made has been astonishing and they are finding ways to compete with the big 6 who have operated a cartel for years 

100% - these guys are massive in all of the areas where we can improve our revenues and improve / streamline our business processes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, allani said:

Also let's not forget that Atairos has something like $6.5b of equity and Comcast were valued at around $275b in 2022.  These guys have serious money available.  It is safe to say that they'll have looked very closely at our accounts before taking a minority ownership through VSports.  There are plenty of ways that they can find some extra revenue to help protect and grow their investment.

This is a good point. These people would have looked at our accounts forensically before investing.  They'll have seen the business plan for the next few years. 

They're not going to suddenly get caught out that they've invested in a club who are about to have fines and points deductions. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

It's called Atairos our new sleeve sponsor.

The beauty of this is that it won't be Atairos or Comcast but it will almost certainly be one of the brands they own (or have very strong business links to).  For example, Comcast own Sky - so that would be one very obvious brand that could easily justify a major sponsorship deal.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is a good point. These people would have looked at our accounts forensically before investing.  They'll have seen the business plan for the next few years. 

They're not going to suddenly get caught out that they've invested in a club who are about to have fines and points deductions. 

They (and NSWE) will also have known exactly the value that they can bring to the club.  This is almost certainly why they've effectively become minority owners.  They'll make more out of growing the value of the club then they would make out of consultancy fees.  They literally own some of the biggest companies connecting to sport around the world.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, allani said:

The beauty of this is that it won't be Atairos or Comcast but it will almost certainly be one of the brands they own (or have very strong business links to).  For example, Comcast own Sky - so that would be one very obvious brand that could easily justify a major sponsorship deal.

I remember reading a few months back that Premier League clubs voted on softening the rules to owner related businesses too (in line with fair market value). You would think the club has a lot of space to grow commericially, especially with our new minority partners.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

I’m not savvy enough about business or accounting to know what I’m talking about but what I do know is we have 3 billionaire owners who are. Losing the amount we have isn’t great but it will be for a reason.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

I not savvy enough about business or accounting to know what I’m talking about but what I do know is we have 2 billionaire owners who are. Losing the amount we have isn’t great but it will be for a reason.

3 billionaire owners - Atairos are valued at over $6.5b. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Ludicrous for people in this thread to think they know better than two self made billionaires and the private equity shop that has just invested into us at a 500 million valuation level.

Nobody in here really has a clue what's going on, and I'm going to trust the billionaires who OWN the business to make the right decisions on how our finances are structured. 

15 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Have compared the info released so far with where I'd expected us to be. Between revenue, amortisation and player sales, we are actually very slightly up on where I'd predicted.

All the variance to my forecast is in wages and other admin costs. I think there are probably some positives to this.

I can only think that some of this increase is down to one-offs related to the Gerrard Emery switch. Any one-offs won't carry forward into this season's books. Also, at least some of the increase (though only talking a small proportion of it) will be cost that are adjusted back out for PSR calc, so no need to worry about them.

I've plugged what info as been released into my forecast model for 23/24, haven't adjusted any of my expected uplifts from 22/23, except to knock other costs back down to 21/22 levels. In this scenario we'd be about £20-25M over on PSR as it stands for 23/24. However, I think this is a worst case, and I can only assume the wages in 22/23 are inflated above base in some way that won't be replicated in 23/24.

Can you share your working out please?

8 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Ludicrous for people in this thread to think they know better than two self made billionaires and the private equity shop that has just invested into us at a 500 million valuation level.

Nobody in here really has a clue what's going on, and I'm going to trust the billionaires who OWN the business to make the right decisions on how our finances are structured. 

Not all billionaires are reliable (see Everton for a great example) but I agee with you.  There's absolutely nothing to suggest that NSWE are idiots and Atairos / Comcast have an extensive track record of building successful sports businesses.

Edited by allani
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

sky making it sound as thought we could get points loss

Of course they are. Probably jizzing themselves at the excitement of Man Utd taking our place.

• Like 1

Â