The AVFC FFP thread

So am I correct in thinking that even though the costs of the Brookvale academy development do not count towards the calculations it can be deducted along with expenditure on women’s football and stadium improvements to reduce our losses in terms of compliance? 

Considering that both owners run successful businesses, it baffles me as to how they can run a club at such a loss. Sadly we'll likely see one or two big exits in the summer, I suspect Luiz will be a certain exit. 

• Confused 1

Thats a large loss, £194m on wages in huge. Almost £60m increase.

I have no idea how football clubs survive.

I'm assuming 2023/24 figures will be better but I expect above inflation rises on tickets etc this year 

There will most likely be a big sale in the summer. Luiz probably the best bet, Ramsey, perhaps Konsa, Watkins if an absolutely outrageous bid comes in 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Considering that both owners run successful businesses, it baffles me as to how they can run a club at such a loss. Sadly we'll likely see one or two big exits in the summer, I suspect Luiz will be a certain exit. 

It's the player wages, something needs to happen before the game no longer exists. Rule changes are needed to either cap wages or allow owners to invest more money in their clubs....

Every other business is allowed investment, as football is now a business surely more investment should be allowed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

. It is important to note that these figures are in line with the strategic business plan, and we continue to operate within the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules. 

Are we just ignoring this bit then? I read that as we are covered 

Which is why Heck said there should be stricter punishments - they knew they were complaint despite the losses 

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

. It is important to note that these figures are in line with the strategic business plan, and we continue to operate within the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules. 

It does look as though they are confident we haven’t breached up to end of 2022/23. What we don’t know about is the current year for the next set of calculations. So if we basically broke even in 2021/22, and we have allowed losses of 90m plus on 2022/23, then that means we can’t have any more than around 15 million allowable losses this year (2023/24). Whether we need to sell quickly in June (with the extended accountancy period) to make that figure is the question?

But as a previous poster mentioned, would we really have signed Rogers in January if this was a possibility???

• Like 1

So basically losses over three years of £105m allowed. We’ve lost £185m over the three year period. Not taking into account the Covid losses?

Wouldn't 

- Champions League Money ( Fingers Crossed)

- Europa Cup Final?

- Adidas Deal

- New Sponsor Deals

- Sale of and getting rid of alot of wages via deadwood.

Etc offset this, or is it too late?

I'm no accountant whatsoever.

Keep our current best XI players, bring back in the loanees we've newly signed.

Not sign any new players until maybe next Jan/summer and try to slog it out?

Would we need to sacrifice an emi Martinez for BIG money maybe? ( Not to a PL team )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

It does look as though they are confident we haven’t breached up to end of 2022/23. What we don’t know about is the current year for the next set of calculations. So if we basically broke even in 2021/22, and we have allowed losses of 90m plus on 2022/23, then that means we can’t have any more than around 15 million allowable losses this year (2023/24). Whether we need to sell quickly in June (with the extended accountancy period) to make that figure is the question?

But as a previous poster mentioned, would we really have signed Rogers in January if this was a possibility???

Unless we have prior knowledge of a big sale. Maybe Luiz  under a buyout clause yeah

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

You'd basically have to qualify for champions league every season to be able to sustain this kind of plan.

Great if you do qualify but you basically can't afford one season of non qualification.

Or somehow double our revenue to Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea levels. Over to you Heck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wouldn't 

- Champions League Money ( Fingers Crossed)

- Europa Cup Final?

- Adidas Deal

- New Sponsor Deals

- Sale of and getting rid of alot of wages via deadwood.

Etc offset this, or is it too late?

I'm no accountant whatsoever.

Keep our current best XI players, bring back in the loanees we've newly signed.

Not sign any new players until maybe next Jan/summer and try to slog it out?

Would we need to sacrifice an emi Martinez for BIG money maybe? ( Not to a PL team )

It depends. The accounts says we are fine for that year 2022/23. If 2023/24 (this season) is the problem, then only Conference League win helps a bit - say £25m extra compared to last season with no Europe. 

If we are fine for 2023/24, then next year we hopefully have CL which should add another £30m extra, plus £20m extra for Adidas deal.  Shirt sponsor is fixed and sounds like we can’t get out of it. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think because it's not as simple as 'what was our spending in 22/23.' The way spending is calculated over rolling three year windows, these things can change as past spendings leave the window. We sold Jack for £100m three years ago this summer, so I imagine the figures will change a bit when that is >36 months ago.

Â