U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Summary after 30 mins:

Hardly had a kick.

Wesley is large.

Leeds are playing some lovely stuff, much like the first team.

Leeds are very good at diving, much like the first team.

This is a good test for anyone in our side who thinks they can be a Premier League footballer.

• Like 1

We need to get Chukwuemeka, Ramsey and Philogene-Bidace more into the game. At the moment I think because Wesley's on the pitch there's too much focus on getting the ball to him.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Summary after 30 mins:

Hardly had a kick.

Wesley is large.

Leeds are playing some lovely stuff, much like the first team.

Leeds are very good at diving, much like the first team.

This is a good test for anyone in our side who thinks they can be a Premier League footballer.

thats seems to be the case for our actual PL footballers in this team also......

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

JPB seems to be struggling to find that little bit of fizz he's got since his injury - it'll come back to him because I don't think it's something you lose, but he's not quite 100% himself since his injury.

I’ve not seen him before, but as he’s been on the bench for the first team, I have to say was expecting more from him. Hopefully, like you say he gets back what he had.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems like we have a good u18s but then when getting to that age where potentially ready to break in to the first team squad we are lacking quality. 

That reflects the strength of our academy over the last four or five years I think - we'd really drifted in terms of what we were putting into it. Since the new owners took over, we've made a huge effort to recruit better youngsters and we're seeing them come through, but the crop they're replacing aren't quite the same level.

• Like 2