U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Would be nice if at least one of the debutants could at least get a goal. I think Reddin is meant to be quite an exciting player, Agbonlahor named him as a player to watch from our academy, I've only seen brief highlights but he looks a similar style of winger to Philogene-Bidace, his debut today means that this season he's played for the U16s, U17s, U18s, and now the U23s.

• Like 2

Front page stats updated. 4-1 defeat. We stay 9th. A debut goal and assist for Dewain Sewell and Kahrel Reddin respectively.

• Like 1

Given that all the usual U18 attackers played today, and presumably Bradley Young will be rested for Tuesday, I wonder if that means that Shakpoke is available again, would be good to see him get some game time before the season ends.

Highlights of the Middlesbrough game are on their website, although you need a login to watch them. It looked like they could have and should have scored more. Sewell's goal was pretty decent, Reddin was played through on the right, he cut it back to Sewell who controlled it well before finishing, was a good goal because it was played behind him so still had a bit of work to do.

• Like 2

13:00 Wolves(4 3) 3-0 Norwich City(11)
13:00 Sunderland(7 6) 2-1 Reading(8)
13:00 Fulham(10) 1-1 Leeds Utd(1)
13:00 Newcastle(13 12) 2-0 Crystal Palace(6 7)

Wolves go 3rd but Sunderland who climb to 6th and just outside the playoff places are only 2pts behind them. We are mathematically out of the playoff race now. Palace have picked a bad time to slump.

Next up.

Friday
12:00 Norwich(11) v West Brom(13)
13:00 Reading(8) v Wolves(3)

Sunday
14:00 ASTON VILLA(9) v Newcastle(12)

Monday
13:00 Crystal Palace(7) v Middlesbrough(4)
13:00 Leeds Utd(1) v Burnley(5)
19:00 Stoke City(2) v Sunderland(6)

On 26/04/2021 at 11:45, Follyfoot said:

Is the game tomorrow on Villa TV as I cannot see it advertised? Hope so 🤞

Yeah it's on AVTV for a couple of quid, as well as Newkie Broon's YT channel (for free, presumably). 

I might just chuck in a couple of quid for commentary biased our way and for the villa foundation stuff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yeah it's on AVTV for a couple of quid, as well as Newkie Broon's YT channel (for free, presumably). 

I might just chuck in a couple of quid for commentary biased our way and for the villa foundation stuff. 

Same here, I assume  the commentator will be Mark Regan so a bit of a no-brainer really rather than listening to Geordie five bellies going on about the toon and the like

5 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

what has happened to Mungo Bridge? He was training with the first team last season but not seen him mentioned in a long time (granted i could have missed it) is he injured?

Urinary infection.

Troubled waters...

• Like 1

I wonder if there might be a temptation to involve Shakpoke today, will be an interesting line-up on the one hand with nothing to play for could be a chance to give some U23 experience for the U18s, but on the other presumably we will want to keep the regular U23 players match fit in preperation for the cup game against West Brom.

Onodi, Walker, Farr, Hart, Aaron O'Reilly. Appiah, Trialist, Reddin, Tait, Tommi O'Reilly, Sewell

Subs Patterson, McBride, Marschall, Abldeen-Goodridge

It's the back up back ups again.

No Shakpoke and none of the players that will be in the FA Youth Cup side.

• Like 1

The trialist is Zac Brown again, some websites have Patterson down as Ethan Patterson, but last I heard he was playing in Iceland, so I presume it must be Travis Patterson on the bench, doesn't turn sixteen until October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1