U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

We're a little light on detail here at the moment.  Even on who will be in the league w.r.t. Man Utd promotion and Southampton relegation, but we can adjust accordingly.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where have you got Carney Chukwuemeka’s DOB from BOF?

His DOB is on transfermarkt.  Now that's probably the least reliable of the sites I use, so as soon as it goes up on fmtransferupdate or wiki I'll update it, but for now it's better than nothing :thumb:

I've now added Zych, Chrisene, Swinkels, O'Reilly & Shakpoke.  The latter 2 with no DOBs as of yet but I see an article from BL on 21/07 where O'Reilly says he turned 16 'three weeks ago' which would make him in and around 01/07/04 making him the youngest member of that squad.

• Thanks 1

Sebastian Revan is still seventeen accordng to transfermarkt, they say his birth date is Jul 14, 2003, which adds up as he mentioned it was his birthday around then on his instagram.

Also if the list includes U18 players then Kahrel Reddin, Dewain Sewell and Ted Rowe have been promoted to that level for the coming season, there might be a few others as well.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, BOF said:

His DOB is on transfermarkt.  Now that's probably the least reliable of the sites I use, so as soon as it goes up on fmtransferupdate or wiki I'll update it, but for now it's better than nothing :thumb:

That’s where I got it from too but Dadster23 said it was wrong

2 hours ago, useless said:

Sebastian Revan is still seventeen accordng to transfermarkt, they say his birth date is Jul 14, 2003. I think that's right because saw people wishing him a happy birthday on instagram a month or so back.

Also if the list includes U18 players then Kahrel Reddin, Dewain Sewell and Ted Rowe have been promoted to that level for the coming season, there might be a few others as well.

There’s also Frankie Ealing a right back, Taylor-Jay Hart a midfielder, Joshua Lane a goalkeeper, Tommi O’Reilly a winger too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not adding everyone to the PL2 squad.  I only added the ones I mention because they're transfers in rather than graduates, so I expect they will feature in the PL2 this season.  If the ones you mention appear then they will be added, otherwise they are academy players.

• Thanks 1

Nice interview with Mark Delaney on the OS:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/09/07/delaney-previews-new-campaign-u23

Delaney is confident of a successful season, both in terms of results and also player development.

The former defender added: “There is a good camaraderie, they want to win and have a strong season.

“They want to progress and get out of Division 2 and into Division 1.

"It’s about players progressing through the club and being involved in the first team environment; that’s my thought before the start of every season.

“We want to see the pathway through the club and with the manager in place, we have got that.”

Click through to the video.

• Thanks 1

Fixtures are up!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/09/07/2020-21-academy-fixtures-confirmed

Premier League 2 – Division 2

September

14th: West Bromwich Albion (A) – 1pm kick-off – Birmingham County FA

18th: Norwich City (H) – 7pm – Bodymoor Heath 

28th: Reading (H) – 7pm – Bodymoor Heath

• Thanks 1

Thanks for putting the fixtures up.

Interesting to note we are down to play Burnley U23 on the 9/11/20 whilst, according to the BBC & Premier League websites, we are due to pay Carlisle in the EFL trophy on the 10/11/20. We’ll see how that pans out.  Speaking of which, we are at Sunderland tonight playing our first group game in EFL trophy. I think Sunderland are showing it.

Uh, they've completely changed it.  A 13 team league now and it's the "Group" stage which is ominous.  So at the least there's some re-development for my spreadsheet. Grumble mumble mumble.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Lost 8-1 in the end 😔

blimey, thats a battering....

would have thought we would do better than that (at least only lose by a couple)

suppose that shows the difference between the boys game and the mens game.

• Like 2