U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

It's Myles Sohna that's been playing in defence, presumably he's still injured after coming off last week against Wolves. Harrison Sohna is usually more of deep midfielder, albeit has played in central defence for the U18s, official site has him down as wearing the no.3 shirt, so think that he's probably playing left-back today.

Just now, useless said:

It's Myles Sohna that's been playing in defence, presumably he's still injured after coming off last week against Wolves. Harrison Sohna is usually more of deep midfielder, albeit has played in central defence for the U18s, official site has him down as wearing the no.3 shirt, so think that he's probably playing left-back today.

Quite right sorry! 

Been a while since we saw Harrison.

Barry's the top scorer in our division with twelve goals. Rory Delap is the top scorer in U23 football taken as an whole, with 20 goals. Also worth remembering that Barry missed the start of the season, and then was recently injured again, he also has played a number of games as a winger.

I think our defence is vulnerable full stop in all honesty - the big hole in our academy is centre backs - we've got two natural midfielders there today and that's been the case reasonably often. In terms of real, actual centre backs, it's Bridge, Revan Snr and Swinkels - one injured, one out on loan and one not ready.

That said, we're still capable of outscoring teams - this one isn't over.

Edit: sorry, only one natural midfielders at CB today, the other one at LB.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think our defence is vulnerable full stop in all honesty - the big hole in our academy is centre backs - we've got two natural midfielders there today and that's been the case reasonably often. In terms of real, actual centre backs, it's Bridge, Revan Snr and Swinkels - one injured, one out on loan and one not ready.

yeah our U23's are basically the Newcastle of the late 90s lol.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Raikhy isn't really a DM either, so I don't think having him in front of the back four helps us defensively.

In fairness to him, I think he's really come on in that position - he's got a really good knack of nipping in and taking the ball off players, he has good energy and his passing is good. He's a much better player than at the start of the season I think.

I think ideally I'd still like to see Bogarde in the holding role. He has a Gareth Barry like ability to take the ball off the defence and turn with it, but it might be a bit harsh on Raikhy if he had to drop out of the side at the moment and I can't see him pushing Chukwuemeka or Ramsey to the bench.