U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

8 minutes ago, useless said:

We're second in the league as it stands.

Play Sunderland this Friday, who've just lost 6-0 at home to Middlesbrough.

I know ideally we want to get promoted, but at this level I'm much more interested in individual performance than how the team is doing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I know ideally we want to get promoted, but at this level I'm much more interested in individual performance than how the team is doing.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

EDIT : I agree by the way, just in case that wasn't obvious. It's absolutely about getting the outstanding individuals into or around the first team.  I just think now that we have filled the u23s with generally outstanding u18 players, promotion would definitely be a huge positive and would obviously expose them to a better standard of player too, and as @useless says, expedite any loan moves.

• Like 1

Individual performances are the main thing, but if we can do well as a team that's good also, and I'm guessing getting promoted would also help with our players' development, as well getting them decent loan moves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

A new name in the line-up.  17 year old English centre mid, Mamadou Dialla Sylla. Callum Rowe makes his return to the U23s this season with a spot on the bench too.

He did well for his first game tbf. 

Unbelievable that Carney is only 16 too - wow. 

I watched the first 70 minutes, I was impressed by us considering we had such a young and inexperienced team out there. I am becoming more and more familiar with this group of young players and I hope that they go on to represent our first team but like many before them, if they don’t, they will go on to have good careers at whatever level as we’ve seen with the likes of Jordan Graham, Daniel Johnson and Derrick Williams, there are many more floating around the lower leagues. Carney Chukwuemeka looks great to me, hard to believe that he is only 16 (I think, I can’t find a DOB for him). Aaron Ramsey looks like he’ll have a future to me but so much can happen to young players. I enjoyed watching that, on to the next

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Carney Chukwuemeka looks great to me, hard to believe that he is only 16 (I think, I can’t find a DOB for him).

Yeah I'm still going by the transfermarkt DOB which we pretty much know is incorrect 😕

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

@BOF You have Sylla DOB 10/02/2003 - transfermarkt one incorrect ??

Transfermarkt is usually incorrect for juniors. Where possible I always go with fmupdate because the football manager database comes from the clubs.

• Thanks 1