U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Heaton came off after 63. I'm assuming that's a planned hour under his belt rather than an injury.  Kesler and Bogarde are also on now.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:26, gilbertoAVFC said:

Chukwuemeka looks like a Grealish replica.

Too early to say, but at 17 I have seen few players with such ability to carry the ball so quickly.

If anyone wants to watch this live it is on the Burnley website and you can sign-up for a month free trial (which I will be cancelling immediately after the game).

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/watch-live-u23s-v-west-brom

Chukwuemeka has impressed me the last few times I've seen him. Any chance of a brief review of the game/performances, mate?

On 10/11/2020 at 16:06, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Chukwuemeka has impressed me the last few times I've seen him. Any chance of a brief review of the game/performances, mate?

Villa, like against Wolves, look really good on the break and so menacing going forward but they are probably the youngest side in the league - they are frail against physical opponents and not secure defensively. Sounds a bit like the first-team at times!

But to be honest, from what I have seen lately, it is looking very promising considering most are teenagers. Chuk, Barry, Ramsey all look like they will make it imo. Philogene-Bidace I had not seen much of but has very quick feet - clearly some potential there.

Against Burnley they were typical of a cocky, young side who played some lovely football at times around the edge of their box but was perhaps too intricate. I also noticed they got easily frustrated when Burnley started to turn the game at 1-1, which again seemed down to youth. Luckily, we scored just after to calm it again, but conceded last min. Should have won as dominated final 15 at 1-2. Game management will hopefully improve as this unit plays more together and grows in experience, but encouraging signs overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

U21s taking on Carlisle today - both teams have lost both games so far, though our goal difference of -10 from 2 is somewhat worse than their -4... 

Anyone know if the game is being shown anywhere?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

U21s taking on Carlisle today - both teams have lost both games so far, though our goal difference of -10 from 2 is somewhat worse than their -4... 

Anyone know if the game is being shown anywhere?

Hopefully it'll be a little more balanced than the others. Carlisle manager Chris Beech said - "Whoever plays they’ll be getting minutes out on this great pitch of ours. They’ll be up against some good young players, but we’ll be young as well".

I can't see it being televised anywhere though.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Hopefully it'll be a little more balanced than the others. Carlisle manager Chris Beech said - "Whoever plays they’ll be getting minutes out on this great pitch of ours. They’ll be up against some good young players, but we’ll be young as well".

I can't see it being televised anywhere though.

I thought it'd be a bit of a stretch but was hoping for youtube or something - ah well

Just now, lexicon said:

I thought it'd be a bit of a stretch but was hoping for youtube or something - ah well

I've asked the Carlisle twitter account. I would ask our account but ... well, y'know...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like we're missing all the youngsters that have been away on England duty, so quite a few of our U18s involved.

Yeah a young(er) side.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Raikhy is a new one on me, anyone familiar with him?

Familiar in that he's not a new name to me but I know very little about him other than he's an 18 year old English midfielder. 

• Like 1