U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Two new names on the bench.  A week before his 18th birthday it's English defender Paul Appiah, and 17yr old English midfielder Arjan Raikhy.  Michael Tait appears in his first matchday squad of the season and Brad Young makes his 2nd bench in a row.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparentley the £10 price is set by the EFL, all the proceeds are shared amongst all EFL clubs.

Fair enough, I guess then it comes down to the EFL treating this as a first team competition - which of course it is, we (and other Premier teams that submit an U23 team) are the anomaly.

I wonder if they'd make more money collecting lots of £3.00's than less £10.00's?

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Two new names on the bench.  A week before his 18th birthday it's English defender Paul Appiah.

I thought Appiah had been on a bench for the U23's last season? I'm sure I recall seeing him?

It's most likely me misremembering..

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought Appiah had been on a bench for the U23's last season? I'm sure I recall seeing him?

It's most likely me misremembering..

You're right. He was in one matchday squad. He actually started the 4-0 defeat to Exeter in the PL Cup. I should probably link to the previous reserve season threads at the bottom of the current one to make stuff like that easily checkuppable.

• Like 1