Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, Tom13 said:

Been poor for several months

He started the season well. I think Emery has wanted to play Konsa at RB for a while but Cash’s good start meant he couldn’t. 

But last few weeks Cash has been very poor

He was very bad today.

What I don't get is why we put so much down the right side. Cash and McGinn couldn't create a thing or get it going at all. And yet, we just kept going. And it's the opposite of what Unai normally wants, RB defend, LB attack. And yet we just kept going to Cash, who was trash.

Sitting Carlos was a mistake imo, Lenglet got less of the ball, he wasn't starting attacks and so Konsa pushed the ball to the right over and over again.

Play Carlos and I think the ball goes Left more often and it mitigates Cash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

Not good enough to start for where we want to be next season. Needs to be sold in the summer but buying or loaning in a starting RB should be a priority for us in Jan. 

Not sure we need to sell him.

I'd argue the bigger problem this season is that we only have Cash at right back, rather than the fact we have Cash at right back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Not sure we need to sell him.

I'd argue the bigger problem this season is that we only have Cash at right back, rather than the fact we have Cash at right back.

That's true to a degree but I would argue Konsa does a better job there, and he's the main competition for Cash but he obviously needs to start in the centre of defence! Either way it's really frustrating - I'm sure Emery will address it. 

Stands out like a sore thumb, great attitude, great servant so far, but we've moved quickly and he hasn't been able to keep up, no shame in that, but expectations have gone up hugely and he's not at those levels.

Has plenty of good qualities, but better served from the bench as a squad player.

• Like 1

Been great for us in the past few seasons but probably a bit too limited for the way Emery wants to play. Actually think Konsa is a better right back with how we play, whether that’s against a low block or one of the top teams.

If there was a game he needed to impress in it was today. But his faults again stuck out. No excuses for how he switches off, be it for the goal or in the first half. Unai got it wrong with so much onus on the right tonight, we looked way more disjointed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bose said:

Been great for us in the past few seasons but probably a bit too limited for the way Emery wants to play. Actually think Konsa is a better right back with how we play, whether that’s against a low block or one of the top teams.

Yeah. I was surprised he didn’t play Konsa RB with Carlos and Lenglet in the middle. I guess we’ll see that against United.

We need another option and competition for Matty. I feel this is one area where we are quite weak and this needs addressing, either now or in the summer.

Edited by Strog

Â