Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nobody is saying he's like Grealish, but Rashica is a drifting left winger, which is the position Grealiah has excelled last season. Seems nuts to force Grealish away from that position to sign a player who might not be better than Trez in the PL. 

If we signed Rashica, Grealish would definitely still be on the left. I've watched every game Rashica played this season and his best position is definitely central. He can drift across the entire defence as he is a pressing forward but he'd be wasted playing Grealish's position. They'd compliment each other very well because Rashica loves running in behind and is very quick so I could see him getting on the end of a few Grealish through balls. Also, because he can play wide if needed if gives us another option if Grealish lost form or was injured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What do you think of him playing upfront with Watkins?

I like the sound of it. Watkins seems to have good hold up play, from the admittedly little I've seen of him. I think Rashica would definitely benefit from that. Watkins does the hold up, lays it off and Rashica runs in behind onto a through ball. It could work really well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Watching Rashica's highlights reminds me a lot of Jack's, in that I'm constantly finding myself saying "if this guy had a fooking team around him, he'd be phenomenal".  Imagine Rashica, Grealish, and McGinn in a side together...  We'd have to be the most fouled team in Europe, wouldn't we???  Dump the rest of the budget on the best free kick taking right winger in Europe and we'll be a huge threat from set pieces next season.  

Watching every Bremen game last season I found myself saying the same thing over and over. They were woeful this season but he kept them going. They wouldn't have stayed up without him.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Watching every Bremen game last season I found myself saying the same thing over and over. They were woeful this season but he kept them going. They wouldn't have stayed up without him.

Well we know that story all too well here at Villa!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Am I the only one not sold on him? I know nothing about him apart from YouTube videos. He reminds me of Hogan's YouTube reel. 

He's in a totally different league to Hogan! Played in the right system with good players around him, he will thrive. Such an exciting player. Sadly, I can't see us signing him anyway haha.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

If we signed Rashica, Grealish would definitely still be on the left. I've watched every game Rashica played this season and his best position is definitely central. He can drift across the entire defence as he is a pressing forward but he'd be wasted playing Grealish's position. They'd compliment each other very well because Rashica loves running in behind and is very quick so I could see him getting on the end of a few Grealish through balls. Also, because he can play wide if needed if gives us another option if Grealish lost form or was injured.

I just can't see it. We wouldn't sign him unless he'd be a starter, and playing Grealish left and Rashica (whom I guess you can call an inside forward) centrally, we'd be overrun all day in central midfield. No way McGinn and Luiz could handle it. In fact I think we'd struggle with a world class DM in that mix. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Am I the only one not sold on him? I know nothing about him apart from YouTube videos. He reminds me of Hogan's YouTube reel. 

Given that all YouTube highlight reels are meant to promote a player none will ever show much in the way of weaknesses. If we don’t sign a player because he looks good on YouTube we’ll never sign anyone!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't see it. We wouldn't sign him unless he'd be a starter, and playing Grealish left and Rashica (whom I guess you can call an inside forward) centrally, we'd be overrun all day in central midfield. No way McGinn and Luiz could handle it. In fact I think we'd struggle with a world class DM in that mix. 

Isn't the point that he'd play up front as a striker rather than as a 10? So we'd still have the three in midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Dreaming a little now, but it would add welcome versatility if we had two players in Watkins and Rashica who could potentially play across the front three.

A front three of Grealish, Watkins and Rashica would be pretty fluid, and could be extremely exciting for us. If they clicked together as team mates they could pull defenders all over the place interchanging positions.

Edited by NeilS
Brain Malfunction
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

A front three of Grealish, Watkins and Grealish would be pretty fluid, and could be extremely exciting for us. If they clicked together as team mates they could pull defenders all over the place interchanging positions.

I know he has a brother called Kevan but don’t think we’re interested in signing him since he left VT.  

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

really insightful, thank you. Exciting!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MCU said:

That photo is a genuine throw back unless Nakamba is out the country at the moment. (Car reg in the background is foreign).

Bit of a bastard though if it is all BS. Out of any ‘Throwback’ image he could have randomly put on his insta he chooses the player we’re strongly linked with and disables the comments? Time and a place Marvellous! All will be  forgiven if I see Milot holding up the villa shirt though 😅

The number plates are Dutch, the photo would have been taken during their time as teammates at Vitesse.

The question is why Nakamba has chosen to post it now?

Maybe Nakamba is moving to Bremen 🤔

46 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Isn't the point that he'd play up front as a striker rather than as a 10? So we'd still have the three in midfield.

Ok if you see us playing with him as a striker instead of Wesley, fair play. Not sure he looks like that kind of player to me, but I'll trust your opinion on that. I've seen relatively little of him. 

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ok if you see us playing with him as a striker instead of Wesley, fair play. Not sure he looks like that kind of player to me, but I'll trust your opinion on that. I've seen relatively little of him. 

That could work. He can lead the line better than you'd expect. I think an interchanging front three of Grealish, Rashica and Watkins could really work though. Play Grealish on the left and have Watkins and Rashica interchange across the front. It would make it hard for defences, certainly.

Grealish -------- Watkins ----<>---- Rashica

McGinn -------- NEW DM --------- Luiz

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't have a clue tbh! It was just going by comments on here that he plays more as a striker. By all accounts, we were meant to sign another striker last summer, so I think there's always been an idea that we need some healthy competition up front.

15 hours ago, MCU said:

Out of any ‘Throwback’ image he could have randomly put on his insta he chooses the player we’re strongly linked with and disables the comments?

49 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The question is why Nakamba has chosen to post it now?

It is all very interesting...      :detect: