Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

If we signed Rashica, Grealish would definitely still be on the left. I've watched every game Rashica played this season and his best position is definitely central. He can drift across the entire defence as he is a pressing forward but he'd be wasted playing Grealish's position. They'd compliment each other very well because Rashica loves running in behind and is very quick so I could see him getting on the end of a few Grealish through balls. Also, because he can play wide if needed if gives us another option if Grealish lost form or was injured.

If we get him and keep Jack, I think we will look at becoming a more intelligent football side and not force players into fixed positions. A lot of training would be required to make sure people are filling in the gaps where they happen - i.e. when full backs go forward, and when players drift wide/infield - and someone like Luiz would, I think, become very good at covering this.

It would be a nightmare to defend against, with the opposition being dragged all over, but would leave gaps in our midfield if we aren't a smart team. I also think that with such players, the CF becomes less of a goal scorer, but a point of attack - which would suit Davis more. Except they will still need to score!

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I know he has a brother called Kevan but don’t think we’re interested in signing him since he left VT.  

Haha, suffering a brain malfunction in the heat. Replace one Grealish with Rashica.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

If we get him and keep Jack, I think we will look at becoming a more intelligent football side and not force players into fixed positions. A lot of training would be required to make sure people are filling in the gaps where they happen - i.e. when full backs go forward, and when players drift wide/infield - and someone like Luiz would, I think, become very good at covering this.

It would be a nightmare to defend against, with the opposition being dragged all over, but would leave gaps in our midfield if we aren't a smart team. I also think that with such players, the CF becomes less of a goal scorer, but a point of attack - which would suit Davis more. Except they will still need to score!

I think signing players like Rashica and keeping Grealish will definitely be signs that we're heading towards the way Smith wants us to play. It kind of sounds a bit like Villa's version of total football. That's why this signing would excite me so much.

• Like 1

AC Milan are also rumoured to be interested in Rashica, along with the Bundesliga clubs. Whilst that might seem the most likely destination, iI really hope the persuasive powers of Agent Nakamba can get this one over the line. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rashica has agreed terms apparently with a club. This was done a while back. Whether or not this was us or not, who knows. 
The only thing to agree is the transfer fee. 

I’m guessing it’s not us, but depends how long a while back is. If it was before the season end, he wouldn’t be agreeing terms with Villa with a chance of playing in the championship. 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rashica has agreed terms apparently with a club. This was done a while back. Whether or not this was us or not, who knows. 
The only thing to agree is the transfer fee. 

Reportedly Leipzig but they are low balling on the fee 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Reportedly Leipzig but they are low balling on the fee 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that report that said he'd agreed terms with a club was Leipzig but apparently they haven't got much money available so it may be that the agreement he had comes to nothing.

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m guessing it’s not us, but depends how long a while back is. If it was before the season end, he wouldn’t be agreeing terms with Villa with a chance of playing in the championship. 

He could have agreed in principle.

I'd be stunned if he came here.

It's like Zaha going to a team near the bottom of the Bundesliga. 

Suppose there's more money over here but right now Bremen to Villa isn't much of a step up at all.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Suppose there's more money over here but right now Bremen to Villa isn't much of a step up at all.

I'd imagine it would be the pull of the Premier League that would do it.

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I guess it depends on how much ambition we demonstrate when talking to the player.

But yes, it would be a strange move based on the current situation, especially when we are supposedly looking at players with PL experience.

Buendia should be the priority signing over Rashica.