Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thought he was a winger?

I don't think he offers as much on the wing. He's so good playing on the shoulder of the last defender. He loves running in behind and his pace causes chaos for the defense. Play him next to a big number 9 who can hold it up and flick it on and he'll be in his element. I follow Werder Bremen so I've watched him a lot. I'd be over the moon if we signed him. He's got good work ethic too, will run all day and chase nothing balls as well as track back if needed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I don't think he offers as much on the wing. He's so good playing on the shoulder of the last defender. He loves running in behind and his pace causes chaos for the defense. Play him next to a big number 9 who can hold it up and flick it on and he'll be in his element. I follow Werder Bremen so I've watched him a lot. I'd be over the moon if we signed him. He's got good work ethic too, will run all day and chase nothing balls as well as track back if needed.

When you describe him that way, he sounds a bit like Maupay. Which would surely suit Smith.

Just now, Rob182 said:

When you describe him that way, he sounds a bit like Maupay. Which would surely suit Smith.

I can see the similarities, definitely. Although Rashica isn't dirty at all and Maupay is a bit of a scumbag 😅

If we played him next to a big number 9, with Grealish out wide creating the chances, he'd score double figures I reckon. Good finisher.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll sign him. Will probably stay in Germany I'd guess. Has there actually been a solid link to us?

Just now, Tom13 said:

Don't post it, don't post it, don't post it...

He looks quality on YouTube

He really is. If you have time try and find Bremen's 6-1 win over Koln on the last day of the season. They needed to win by 4 goals (as they thought at kick off) and they really went for it. Was a great game but Rashica was like a man possessed. It was one of the best individual performances I've seen for ages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont know a lot about him. Some saying hes a winger, some a striker, some a false 9. Where would he fit into our 11 if he joined tomorrow and our first game was thursday?

Based on our current available squad I'd do this...

-------------Davis ------- Rashica --------

Grealish -------------------------- Trez ----

-----------McGinn ----- Luiz --------------

Obviously would change with signings and if Wesley was fit I'd put him instead of Davis. I actually think Wesley and Rashica together could bring the best out of each other.

• Like 1

I really really want this guy. He plays for such a crap team but he shows up in the big games. He looks so good on the ball and he creates a decent number of chances as well. He'd look really good with Jack and a decent number 9 I think. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont know a lot about him. Some saying hes a winger, some a striker, some a false 9. Where would he fit into our 11 if he joined tomorrow and our first game was thursday??

He sort of floats around in the final third, usually central when I watched a fair few games of Bremen in the run in last season.

He had a few injury issues as he was constantly subbed around the hour mark in their last few games and the relegation play off.

Think it's worth pointing out that while I'm very confident we'll keep Jack this summer one of our signings this summer could well be the long term Grealish replacement, Rashica or Benrahma would certainly fit that bill. Get them adapted to premier league and linking up with Jack this season and then in 12 months time they've adapted enough to become main creative hub of the team.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont know a lot about him. Some saying hes a winger, some a striker, some a false 9. Where would he fit into our 11 if he joined tomorrow and our first game was thursday??

Rashica played 1,804 minutes in the center, 1,774 minutes on the left, and 192 minutes on the right last season.

I imagine he'd fit somewhere.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

Watching Rashica's highlights reminds me a lot of Jack's, in that I'm constantly finding myself saying "if this guy had a fooking team around him, he'd be phenomenal".  Imagine Rashica, Grealish, and McGinn in a side together...  We'd have to be the most fouled team in Europe, wouldn't we???  Dump the rest of the budget on the best free kick taking right winger in Europe and we'll be a huge threat from set pieces next season.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

-mcginn-luiz-

Buendia-Grealish-Rashica

Watkins 

That is pretty good in attack and defense. As Buendia, grealish and watkins are all above average in their positions defensively and rashica seems to be very good at getting on the end of loose balls. Watkins could come back deeper and help defend and rashica or grealish could counter attack. 

That central midfield would be demolished every weekend. 

6 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Absolutely nothing like Grealish at all. Completely different players. Rashica is a striker and a bloody good one.

Nobody is saying he's like Grealish, but Rashica is a drifting left winger, which is the position Grealiah has excelled last season. Seems nuts to force Grealish away from that position to sign a player who might not be better than Trez in the PL. 

I can see the similarities, definitely. Although Rashica isn't dirty at all and Maupay is a bit of a scumbag 😅

With people saying we need to toughen up, We need a scumbag and a dirty F***er.

If we played him next to a big number 9, with Grealish out wide creating the chances, he'd score double figures I reckon. Good finisher.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll sign him. Will probably stay in Germany I'd guess. Has there actually been a solid link to us?

What do you think of him playing upfront with Watkins?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If we got Rashica, with him Jack and McGinn we'd have 3 outstanding ball carriers in the side. I can see a runner like Watkins really thriving in a team like that.

Your probably right there, the service should definitely be there for Watkins and he does seem to have talent.

Does Rashica play on the right because that's what we need someone who can do the business on the right so we are not restricted to the left all the time and predictable.