Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

24 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I hope Rashica is better than what I saw post lockdown. Watched every Werder game except their big win Vs Mainz and he was really poor.

Based on that small sample I fear he could get lost in games. 

He wasn't in all that dissimilar a situation than the one Jack found himself in with us. Werder just weren't very good this year and after lockdown were in something of a survival mode. You can see the drop off in Rashica's numbers from two seasons ago when Werder finished 8th compared to 16th this year.

Per 90 minutes (non penalty)

2018-19

Goals: 0.46
xGoals: 0.36
Assists: 0.29
xAssists: 0.22

2019-20

Goals: 0.24
xGoals: 0.16
Assists: 0.20
xAssists: 0.12

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He wasn't in all that dissimilar a situation than the one Jack found himself in with us. Werder just weren't very good this year and after lockdown were in something of a survival mode. You can see the drop off in Rashica's numbers from two seasons ago when Werder finished 8th compared to 16th this year.

Per 90 minutes (non penalty)

2018-19

Goals: 0.46
xGoals: 0.36
Assists: 0.29
xAssists: 0.22

2019-20

Goals: 0.24
xGoals: 0.16
Assists: 0.20
xAssists: 0.12

To further the point I was trying to say, if you look at these charts of Rashica from each of those seasons, you see that the only real difference is in his attacking output score. Everything else is basically the same. This suggests he was the same player in both season, but the results were different. Whether that was luck or the players he was surrounded by, I don't know.

Rashica.jpg

I'd love it if we signed this guy, real statement of intent which I wanted to see from the club following our massive struggles last season. He's the sort of signing that would provide a huge boost to Jack and the whole team and would make the leap to the Prem quite quickly I think. Very quick and skilful and scores goals. I think he has a £33m buyout clause which is worth it, but may be available for less given he's not been with the squad.

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I hope Rashica is better than what I saw post lockdown. Watched every Werder game except their big win Vs Mainz and he was really poor.

Based on that small sample I fear he could get lost in games. 

Speaking of watching Bundesliga...I would love Filip Kostic! What a player.

That photo is a genuine throw back unless Nakamba is out the country at the moment. (Car reg in the background is foreign).

Bit of a bastard though if it is all BS. Out of any ‘Throwback’ image he could have randomly put on his insta he chooses the player we’re strongly linked with and disables the comments? Time and a place Marvellous! All will be  forgiven if I see Milot holding up the villa shirt though 😅

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

To further the point I was trying to say, if you look at these charts of Rashica from each of those seasons, you see that the only real difference is in his attacking output score. Everything else is basically the same. This suggests he was the same player in both season, but the results were different. Whether that was luck or the players he was surrounded by, I don't know.

Rashica.jpg

Oh yeah I can see that now.....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well I am not going to go running onto a forum and reveal the identity of the person that has passed on info. Even I know you're not that stupid Ben!  It's called discretion.

You don't have to believe me and I am not forcing anyone too for that matter.

I am happy to pay £250 to Villa Talk or Acorns if I am proved wrong.

As I've mentioned previously, I've been posting on this forum for many years and I gain no benefit in making up some ITK bullshit.  End of.

ill be holding you to this. I hope you’re right

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No. Because we don't have the players for it.

-mcginn-luiz-

Buendia-Grealish-Rashica

Watkins 

That is pretty good in attack and defense. As Buendia, grealish and watkins are all above average in their positions defensively and rashica seems to be very good at getting on the end of loose balls. Watkins could come back deeper and help defend and rashica or grealish could counter attack. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

-mcginn-luiz-

Buendia-Grealish-Rashica

Watkins 

That is pretty good in attack and defense. As Buendia, grealish and watkins are all above average in their positions defensively and rashica seems to be very good at getting on the end of loose balls. Watkins could come back deeper and help defend and rashica or grealish could counter attack. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2905m0fech3soyo82p1s

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh Marv you swine.

Sadly, he will genuinely cop flak for this if he's decided to tweet it for no reason. 

Especially if he ends up at Wolves.

Alleged rashica has been seen at an airport in Birmingham so it could just be him saying he can't wait to hang out more now that you have signed for wolves

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I thought these TBTs were always "throwback THURSDAY". Today is Tuesday. This has turned my world and belief system completely upside down!

It is... so.... maybe Marv wanted to get his pic in before we signed him for the likes.  Which means... Wednesday is the day!

In other news,  1+1 = 3

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The idea we will survive the PL with 3 man CAM line and a 2 man midfield, it's absurd. We'd be slaughtered. 

I wouldn't play that, but I don't see the downside to playing Jack where we've been playing Conor post-lockdown provided we get a good winger in to play on the left in Jack's place. In fact, that might be a better plan because I don't think there's a better player out there that we could sign who'd be better than Jack in that position even if we might be sacrificing his attacking output somewhat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wouldn't he be in direct competition for Grealish? What's the point? Surely we have more pressing areas? No point shoehorning Grealish in another position when he's one of the league's best players roaming from the left wing. 

Absolutely nothing like Grealish at all. Completely different players. Rashica is a striker and a bloody good one.