Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I’ve seen a fair bit of the “stuff him” type comments.

We have to remember that the players who are really going to improve us generally are going to need a bit of convincing to join, we are a club who just stayed in the league and are viewed by most foreign players as a lower level PL side.

Yeah but we need ro at some point move on to other targets. Season is what 4 weeks away and we need to get players in soon. 

Only saving grace is other teams have not done hatdly any business either

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't see it. 

I'd doubt we'd allow ourselves to be played like that.

I’d agree. We are either interested and accept that this sort of cat and mouse stuff is just part of the game but there is a genuine chance of making the signing happen or we are happy to let this whole thing run as a smoke screen while we concentrate on other signings. Although there’s a strong possibility that the hierarchy have better things to do than spend hours reading t’interweb nonsense and anything they happen to spot as they’re having breakfast they merely find slightly amusing. More fool them, they clearly don’t know what they’re missing!

Edited by DaveAV1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but we need ro at some point move on to other targets. Season is what 4 weeks away and we need to get players in soon. 

Only saving grace is other teams have not done hatdly any business either

Tbf I think the slow speed of a lot of these deals are down to buying club’s expecting a ‘COVID’ discount, and it being whether the selling clubs can hold their nerve to get the price they want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Personally, I think this could be a great deal for him.

Come to the PL, play well and get your CL move then - young player, done well in 2 big leagues, the CL clubs would be queuing up imo

Or he helps to turn us into a CL team. I’d imagine that is the project that we are trying to sell to prospective recruits. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This makes no sense. 

Why would constant reports about how he doesn't want to come here push his price up? Also we're barely mentioned in mainstream press with him.

If anything it strengthens RBLs low bid.

If we have had a bid accepted, as reported in the press and or the rumour mill and RBLs lower bid has been rejected then it puts pressure on them to raise their bid to match ours , Rashica appears to be waiting for this to happen and maybe,  if it doesn't he will come to us as a second choice. Not a position we should be in and I hope we aren't. 

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

If we have had a bid accepted, as reported in the press and or the rumour mill and RBLs lower bid has been rejected then it puts pressure on them to raise their bid to match ours , Rashica appears to be waiting for this to happen and maybe,  if it doesn't he will come to us as a second choice. Not a position we should be in and I hope we aren't. 

It depends. If he comes here, plays well, integrates with the team and give his all as a professional, I don't really care if we were his second choice, as long as he does those things. Ultimately it may mean other higher profile players may want to come here. Small steps. Whilst we may know all about the Villa and what we are hoping to achieve, to outsiders we are a newly promoted club that just about avoided relegation. All recruitment of the next level of players is going to be difficult against that backdrop and most will potentially have more attractive offers. 

Will we get Rashica? Who knows! I would imagine that our recruitment team are actively working on things and we will find out what those things are in due course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No more waiting for a change!

Now Werder coach Florian Kohfeldt (37) relies fully on Milot Rashica (24). Since the transfer of Bremen's silverware to Leipzig, hoped for by all sides, is no longer in sight, he is now rescheduling.

Bremen's coach is now assuming that the star striker will remain and will use him on Monday in a test against the Austrian second division Lustenau.

https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/werder-bremen-florian-kohfeldt-plant-ab-jetzt-mit-milot-rashica-72528780,view=amp.bildMobile.html?__twitter_impression=true

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I’ve seen a fair bit of the “stuff him” type comments.

We have to remember that the players who are really going to improve us generally are going to need a bit of convincing to join, we are a club who just stayed in the league and are viewed by most foreign players as a lower level PL side.

The big question is whether you actually want that type of player. There are enough players out there who are good enough to improve us and would kill for a chance at the PL. Going for the top range players (that you're talking about) is theoretically nice, but if they are sucky for the dressingroom, require huge wages and don't show up for the winter months, well it's not always theory equals the reality. 

Then you got to consider whether it's worth pursuing if you lose your entire preseason. It's not just about signing the fanciest big name player available at all costs. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

46 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree with that. 

I disagree with the idea we have no interest and our name is just being used to help others play games. 

I hope all the players we sign have the ambition to play in the CL with a good team and will work as hard as possible to achieve this.

If they can't do it here then work as hard as possible until you get a move to a club that can give them that. We've signed so many players over the years that have been content to just sit here and collect pay with no ambition to improve or develop. F that.

So what if they see us as stepping stones to somewhere else, that goes for pretty much every club except maybe 5 or 6.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, supermon said:

Bit of a sudden contradiction is it not?

The club that had "No offers on the table" at one stage to revealing only days later they were frustrated with "Poker antics of RB Leipzig in negocations".

What I will say is, Villa have once again shown real class in how we have gone about this whole situation.

Not long now....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The club that had "No offers on the table" at one stage to revealing only days later they were frustrated with "Poker antics of RB Leipzig in negocations".

What I will say is, Villa have once again shown real class in how we have gone about this whole situation.

Not long now....

Sexy Emma Stone GIF
such a cock tease 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not long now....

Are you saying that the dream of a pre signing 200 page thread is over?

• Haha 1