Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, nick76 said:

Can’t agree, if truth is the truth then Benteke was the better player because he could do most things Ollie can do plus do things on his own from nothing.  I don’t even think that is a debate…I think some are getting caught up in the moment and not seeing reality.  If Ollie continues and for many more seasons then longevity may sway me to Ollie over Benteke but as of today it’s an easy choice of picking Benteke ahead of Ollie and that’s with Ollie playing as well as he his at the moment.

Well we can both disagree with each other 😁 I loved Benteke and yes he did some things that maybe Ollie doesn't have in his locker but Benteke never had the work or durability of Ollie, so I can't agree that he could do everything Ollie did.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Possibly, but then there's another strength of Ollie, rarely injured and very durable.

Don’t go and jinx it now.  A bad injury is just around the corner for any player whether durable or not.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom13 said:

The truth is the truth 🤣 You get so offended by anyone who dare criticise any part of Ollie's game. He's very effective but he's not perfect is he?

Yes, the achilles injury really damaged Benteke, but for us, on the whole, he was phenomenal.

I'm not even debating who is more effective for the team, as that's up for debate, but as a pure footballer, Benteke is comfortably ahead IMO.

😅 the fact that you think I get offended just shows how heavily biased against Ollie you are. You spend so much time criticising him but very little time with anything positive. 

I am and always have been very balanced in my perception of most players, if Ollie deserves criticism then it doesn't offend me.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Plus Benteke had the likes of Nathan Baker and Ciara Clark to deal with in training - an injury was always more likely ;) 

Ciara Clark? She must have been tough and hurt Benteke bad.

Well we can both disagree with each other 😁 I loved Benteke and yes he did some things that maybe Ollie doesn't have in his locker but Benteke never had the work or durability of Ollie, so I can't agree that he could do everything Ollie did.

Benteke injury is now in hindsight of a players career whereas Ollie is in the middle of his career so it’s not apples and pears comparing the two. Durability is only that until it isn’t by one injury, hopefully Ollie remains major injury free for any more years to come and then you’d have a point but not today at this point.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

😅 the fact that you think I get offended just shows how heavily biased against Ollie you are. You spend so much time criticising him but very little time with anything positive. 

I am and always have been very balanced in my perception of most players, if Ollie deserves criticism then it doesn't offend me.

Stating your opinion (Watkins is a better player than Benteke) followed by 'the truth is the truth' is just ignorant tbh. I've always, always said Ollie has strengths, but yes his weaknesses have always frustrated me. This season he's doing very well and the positives are outweighing the negatives so far.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Benteke injury is now in hindsight of a players career whereas Ollie is in the middle of his career so it’s not apples and pears comparing the two. Durability is only that until it isn’t by one injury, hopefully Ollie remains major injury free for any more years to come and then you’d have a point but not today at this point.

Benteke scored 44 goals in 7 PL seasons after he left us. Enough said. 

Stating your opinion (Watkins is a better player than Benteke) followed by 'the truth is the truth' is just ignorant tbh. I've always, always said Ollie has strengths, but yes his weaknesses have always frustrated me. This season he's doing very well and the positives are outweighing the negatives so far.

You calling me ignorant is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time, that's your opinion, which doesn't really matter to me.

'Enough said' 🤣🤣

We're not comparing post Villa Benteke with Watkins are we? What would be the point in that?

You calling me ignorant is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time, that's your opinion, which doesn't really matter to me.

Not much of a counter argument, how else would you describe stating an opinion (not fact) followed 'by the truth is the truth'? The way you word your posts trying to state you're not getting offended really suggests you are offended, but hey ho.

Not much of a counter argument, how else would you describe stating an opinion (not fact) followed 'by the truth is the truth'? The way you word your posts trying to state you're not getting offended really suggests you are offended, but hey ho.

Maybe just concentrate on the thread rather than having personal and inaccurate judgements of my personality. I've refrained from doing the same to you for a long long time.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Enough said? I don’t even get the point.  Anyway we are going around in circles so I’m out! Benteke is the past, Ollie is now, that’s all that matters…just wish the hyperbole of where he ranks in our striker history would calm down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Maybe just concentrate on the thread rather than having personal and inaccurate judgements of my personality. I've refrained from doing the same to you for a long long time.

I've not made any judgement, didn't even call you ignorant, said that one post was ignorant. That's interesting to know that my posts critiquing Ollie have had that effect on you though.

I'm out also now.

• Haha 1

Benteke only had 6 goals by January in first season but 19 by season end. Obviously same bollocks crew writing him off in January like people shitting on Watkins a few weeks ago and still chipping away. It's ridiculous

• Thanks 1

Who's chipping away at him? This stems from Watkins bagging a few, a couple on here going 'Where the haters at 🤣 LMAO ROFL' then those of us who have said his game has limitations argue why we said what we said/say what we say. Those who like to 'shush the haters' always say it's about his goals as well, when it's not.

Watkins has been very effective, no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Peak Benteke could do anything and score goals out of nothing. Not sure how we had to play a certain way? He could be used as a target man but was also very strong technically.

What happened at Liverpool then?

Why did Klopp wanted to get rid the moment he walked in?

Obviously Benteke's profile couldn't adapt to any system.

Not saying Benteke wasn't a good striker but I'd take Watkins any day.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

Who's chipping away at him? This stems from Watkins bagging a few, a couple on here going 'Where the haters at 🤣 LMAO ROFL' then those of us who have said his game has limitations argue why we said what we said/say what we say. Those who like to 'shush the haters' always say it's about his goals as well, when it's not.

Watkins has been very effective, no doubt about it.

You were wrong before and you're still wrong and it was good that you took a break on this thread but can't help yourself it seems

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â