Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, jayEm said:

Leon scaring us in that interview but I think he was just saying it looked bad when it immediately happened?

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about what Emery said afterwards... you don't often see players taken off for a hard-on :suspect:

• Haha 1

if you zoom in on his knee you can see it’s a proper old gouge, but yeah, I’d imagine he’ll be fine for the weekend. Might just need pain killers

Good chance to get him out of the England games, although I'd imagine he wouldn't want to drop out of them. 

On the plus side, even if he does go Southgate will just use Kane for most of the two games and he'll probably split the rest of the time between Watkins and Toney so not many minutes for him anyway. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Good chance to get him out of the England games, although I'd imagine he wouldn't want to drop out of them. 

On the plus side, even if he does go Southgate will just use Kane for most of the two games and he'll probably split the rest of the time between Watkins and Toney so not many minutes for him anyway. 

He will be desperate to go though. More important to keep him happy. 

@MrBlack There's no way Ollie will want to pull out of this squad.  This will be the one which determines if he goes to the Euros or not, and being part of a squad that travels to an International Tournament is bucket list stuff for professional footballers.  

• Like 1

The last two headed goals from Ollie have been top - class. Last night's goal was something Andy Gray would have been proud of, tbf, the last time I seen a Villa player head in a goal as good as that was when Garry Thompson got a double against Small Heath. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vreitti said:

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about what Emery said afterwards... you don't often see players taken off for a hard-on :suspect:

I couldn't make out what he said there either 😂

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Watkins has been in such fine form that him withdrawing from a couple of meaningless England games due to injury shouldn't jeopardise his chances of making the Euros but because it's Southgate, it probably would.

Just a ridiculous situation really.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s just a cut it’s nothing to worry about. I guess a small chance might miss West Ham game though. With the season we’ve had with injuries I’d actually take that!

put superglue in the wound and jobs a good un

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The last two headed goals from Ollie have been top - class. Last night's goal was something Andy Gray would have been proud of, tbf, the last time I seen a Villa player head in a goal as good as that was when Garry Thompson got a double against Small Heath. 

Withy, would have put his name to that too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Withy, would have put his name to that too.

Keith Lenorard, "six foot two, eyes are blue, Sammy Morgan's after you."

I really don't think Ollie would have got a goal like that when he first joined us. It's a reward of all that hard work, which, us fans, often take for granted. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The one against Bpurnemouth was ridiculously good as well. He seems to have learned how to generate power and placement. Another thank you to the mystical Rodri who has got our forwards doing everything bettet. 

• Like 1

Â