Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Read some article about Ollie and just came here to say how thankful I am he’s our player.

He’s not the best in the world at anything. But he is brilliant at most things that are asked of a striker. Finishing with both feet, good in the air, unbelievably fit and can run for days, very fast runner, physically strong, good linkup, brilliant mentality. All that makes him elite. Love you O.

• Like 4

He's a complete forward player. Obviously he has quiet spells when starved of service but that goes to show that he's holding his position unlike previous seasons when he was dropping back and doing the midfielders work too. He's now in the right place when we need him.

On 05/12/2023 at 20:13, birdman said:

He's a complete forward player. Obviously he has quiet spells when starved of service but that goes to show that he's holding his position unlike previous seasons when he was dropping back and doing the midfielders work too. He's now in the right place when we need him.

Saw it tonight

You look at Haaland at one end and what he is and what he does and then you look at Ollie for us, Ollie does so much more work

If Ollie had Haalands shooting boots he'd be a global superstar

• Like 2

Selfless running, punishing press, and still held it up when needed. 

Look how deep Haaland had to take the ball the few times he was asked to hold it up. Pau chased him all the way back to his own third which then makes it difficult for city to continue the counter. 

Compare that to Ollie holding it and laying it off near the halfway line to maintain the attack. Little things like that bring so much value to the team that don’t show up on xG. 

His new hairstyle looked good (this is coming from a man who has had two hairstyles in my life so take my feedback with a pinch of salt, Ollie).

I can only assume he was forced to do it after seeing the dreadful cartoon of him that Villa sent out by email yesterday. I think it's safe to assume that Doug will shave off his beard next.

Screenshot2023-12-06at09_16_55.jpg.62bcc30f6ee4f5b9a1fbc13c66b5309f.jpg 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Haha 4

Thought Saliba really had him locked for most of the duel between the pair. Was obviously a tactic to hit it long but it felt like he rarely won that battle and the ball would come straight back at us, couldn't get much to stick. 

Obviously though he really didn't have much at all to work with and Saliba is a very good defender, one of the best in the league. Still battled away and pressed just like always so can't fault in that regard. 

Hopefully this classes as on topic as he had one of the chances, but:

Really don't know if I'm a fan of how xG is calculated. IMO McGinn's and Watkins' chances were clearer cut than pretty much all of Arsenal's? The cut back to Odegaard being the only possible exception.

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There was a ball that came off of Ollie’s back during an Arsenal corner, and you may have noticed some kind of contre temps between Martínez and Ollie, grumpy words, etc. Nothing big, but any sense of what that was all about?

I'd have thought Emi was moaning at Ollie because he called for it, but Ollie still jumped for it.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd have thought Emi was moaning at Ollie because he called for it, but Ollie still jumped for it.

Yeah that is the way I saw it too, perfectly normal reaction from any keeper to any player. Nothing in it. Doubt it would have even been spoken about again....

• Like 2

Â