Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I saw a video from Sky recently with Merson saying that Watkins will have come back from England duty lacking confidence and full of self doubt.

Stfu Merse, you dick head, I thought. 

Watkins under Emery knows he will score goals, even after a miss or two. It was some finish for the winner and even when not at 100% he’s always a menace. Well done Ollie. 

Incredible goal. Top top top level finish. Loved it.

Thought he was really poor aside from that :lol:

If he stops getting in his own head and flubbing the ball under minimal pressure, he'll be one of the better strikers in the world finishing like that.

Use the confidence that goal gives you now Ollie!

• Like 1

Another goal, another winner.  Only 4 players (Haaland, Salah, Son, Bowen) with more goals than him in the league this season.

Not bad for a player who's bad at finishing, controlling the ball, holding the ball up or passing.

Just now, bobzy said:

Just watched the highlights back... never really noticed Watkins celebrate in a particular way, but does he mimic Harry Kane's celebration or am I imagining this?

No, he copied Buendia's from the same ground last season.

Ollie Watkins of 1-2 years ago is neeeever finishing like that. The hours have paid off. 

He remains a conundrum to me of sorts. He seems to always have a few missed easy chances in his locker and it drives me mad, yet he still bangs in double figures? Either I need to rethink what a top striker outside of the non-humans  like Hazard looks like and accept this just happens unless you’re super human, or if he did start burying all his easy chances he’d be one of the world’s top 2-3 strikers. 

Â