Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Superb today, nearly every team would jump at the chance to sign him, when he’s in the groove he is very very good. We had a rampant Watkins up top today, they had Antonio running into brick walls and falling over. Also that little touch to release Bailey in the 85th minute was delightful. 

• Like 1

Watkins under Emery

FT: Aston Villa 4-1 West Ham

Ollie Watkins has been directly involved in 27 goals across his 33 appearances in the Premier League since Unai Emery’s first game in charge (18 goals, 9 assists).

Only Mohamed Salah (35) and Erling Haaland (33) have contributed to more goals in this time.

Watkins already has five goals in the league this season.

• Like 2

His goal will get the highlights but it was actually our opening goal that most impressed me.

It was Watkins who ran the channel like a winger and ran the ball down near the corner flag. I remember joking to myself that he now just has to get himself into the box to do the strikers roll as well. So what does he do? Lays the ball off to Zaniolo to hold it up while he gets himself into the box, then plays in the onrushing Luiz for 1-0.

The perfect example of what an exemplary team player he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicVillan said:

Watkins under Emery

FT: Aston Villa 4-1 West Ham

Ollie Watkins has been directly involved in 27 goals across his 33 appearances in the Premier League since Unai Emery’s first game in charge (18 goals, 9 assists).

Only Mohamed Salah (35) and Erling Haaland (33) have contributed to more goals in this time.

Watkins already has five goals in the league this season.

Some will tell you we need better if we want to push on. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He should have scored in the first half though. Apart from that he was superb.

He said it himself after the game. I think before he would have snatched at more chances after that miss

Also he said he loved playing with Diaby because he is unselfish which is great to hear

• Like 1

Â